- MotMot offers no-frills guided, self supported adventure bike tours in the Northern zone, Guanacaste, the central pacific, central highlands and the peninsula de Nicoya.
Eating and sleeping where the locals do, going inn-to-inn.
- Dates: May/June, Nov/Dec, Feb/March.
* Average: 55km
* Max: 93km
* Total: 551km
- Duration: 14 days, 10 cycling days
- Route Type: Regular difficulty. Most of the time hilly, some challenging climbs, exciting downhills, most paved roads are good, 10% of the tour is on good dirt roads.
- Highlights: Cloudforest privat reserve La Paz, active Volcano Arenal, Rainforest, Lake Arenal, Hanging bridges, Canopy Tour, hike Volcano Rincon de la Vieja, Caverns Barra Honda N.P., rafting (birdwatching), laid back Montezuma village (beach).
Day 1: meet in Alajuela. Busy city, market.
Day 2: Alajuela – Sarchi, 30km. Rolling hills, Snake and Botanic Garden.
Day 3: Sarchi – Toro Amarillo, 27km. Challenging climb, hike Cloudforest, peaceful Mountain village.
Day 4: Toro Amarillo – La Fortuna, 81km. Spectacular downhill and views, flat, rolling hills. The town for many activities.
Day 5: La Fortuna, rest day. Lava flows, Volcano Arenal nightwalk, Canopy, Waterfall, Hotsprings, Butterfly garden etc.
Day 6: La Fortuna – Nuevo Arenal, 43km. Hilly, hanging bridges, pleasant town.
Day 7: Nuevo Arenal - Cañas, 51km. Rolling hills, long downhill, Scenic views of Lake Arenal.
Day 8: Cañas – Yoko, 43km. Flat, long uphill, rafting, View of Volcano Miravalles.
Day 9: Yoko - Liberia, 48km. Rolling hills, long downhill, "white city".
Day 10: Liberia Volcano crater hike or Bubbling mud pots, or just relax. Rest day.
Day 11: Liberia – Barra Honda N.P., 93km. Flat, rolling hills, Caverns & hike in a tropical dry forest
Day 12: Barra Honda – Paquera, 90km. Flat, short steep uphills, scenic off road, ocean view. Tropical dry forest.
Day 13: Paquera – Montezuma, 45km. Rolling hills, the ocean, laid back Montezuma.
Day 14: Montezuma. Relaxed beach walks.
Day 15: Montezuma – San Jose. Bus or shuttle to S.J. or Liberia.
Also see tour packages in:
Central America and Caribbean Costa Rica Mexico Outdoor: Land Rambler Bicycle Touring
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend