These community development projects are organized in collaboration with needy community groups and organizations, and take place in the heartland of African culture; allowing participants to experience its uniqueness and complexities of challenges to development. The design helps participants to build a wide perception of world issues, find their place in society, learn life skills, realize useful occupation and develop leadership acumen and management capability in an ever changing socio-economic and political scenario; in addition to practical exposure to community development. This extra-ordinary personal involvement leads to a deep understanding of others, evolving solidarity beyond the frontiers of color, religion, education or gender. The projects offer participants an opportunity to learn and exercise leadership skills, human understanding, relations and solidarity, in addition to exposure to problems of development. Participation in CIVS programs, therefore, empowers one to champion the cause for the needy!
Project activities include the following:
- Living and working on a local project alongside members of the community
- Offering specialized assistance in specific field
- Cultural festivals and products exhibitions
- Excursions and visits to local homes and sites of interest
- Participating in local functions
- Discussions on topical issues, guest speakers
- Entertainment and experiencing local rhythm of life
- Male and female persons above the age of 18 years from any part of Kenya and the world regardless of race, religion or Education. Those below 18 should obtain written consent from guardian.
- Positive attitude towards independent progress of others
- Willingness to adapt to local conditions
- A desire to interact and understand other people’s culture and philosophy of life
- Open-mindedness and willingness to freely exchange ideas, information and experiences without imposing own values on others
- Commitment to translating the ideals of international voluntary service into deeds during and after project season
Those wishing to participate in CIVS projects may apply through their schools, organizations or volunteer sending agencies. Applications should be received six weeks in advance.
- For your participation in the work camp, you will be required to pay a contribution of 19,400 Ksh (approx. 213 EUR).
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Africa Kenya Volunteering Volunteering Vacations
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend