* Queenstown Bay to Kelvin Heights.
- Queenstown Bay to the gardens and Kelvin Grove.
- Paddle around Deer Park Heights famous as a Lord of the Rings movie set.
- Go to the mouth of the Kawarau River and see the Jet boats whizzing people down the river.
- Get amongst the Willow “Islands” back to Queenstown Bay.
* Queenstown Bay to Sunshine Bay
- To Sunshine Bay and beyond.
- Great views of Cecil and Walter Peak and the Remarkable.
- See the Ragged Rock Rooted Ratas, Some of the best external roots this side of Ankor Wat.
* 12 Mile Delta:
- A special area of Lake Wakatipu with fossils showing that we were once under the ocean, unique associated Maori legends and history, beautiful native bush, beaches, bird life and the Lime kilns.
- This is a short drive from Queenstown.
* Pig and Pigeon Island area:
- Two beautiful islands at the head of the lake. This is a beautiful paddle with a profusion of bird life and awesome unique scenery.
* Cecil Peak Farm to Table Bay:
- Across the lake from town. We already do a trip to Hidden Island. We are now able to land on the beaches favored by Queenstowners for picnics after the big open water crossing.
* Moke Lake:
- Also one of Queenstown’s favorite spots for a picnic and swim, Moke Lake is about a 15 min drive from Queenstown, amongst High country farm land and native bush.
- This lake is warmer than Wakatipu and sheltered and gives us a good option when conditions on Wakatipu are not favorable.
* Queenstown Bay to Jacks Point
- Follow the lake shore around Queenstown Bay to the gardens, around the point and across to the Kelvin Heights golf course.
- Follow around towards Jack’s Point for some splendid lake side scenery.
* Queenstown Bay to Hidden Island
- For intermediate kayakers.
- A great paddle across the lake to Hidden island – invisible from Queenstown
- See the Earnslaw from a safe distance (she cannot stop quickly!). At hidden Island stop for a cuppa. A great trip and a great feeling out in the middle of the lake.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Australia and Oceania New Zealand Outdoor: Water Drifter Canoeing/Kayaking/Rafting
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend