All tracks are easy grade. Transport to and from the walk locations can be arranged.
The fully guided tour includes:
- Relaxed guiding with Maori guides whose ancestors have used the forest resources for centuries.
- Interpretation of the flora and fauna of the natural forest, delivered in our unique style.
- Interpretation of how Maori utilized the resources of the natural forest, including tasting indigenous flavors.
- Storytelling (Purakau) – hear the stories, myths and legends of Aotearoa and local iwi (tribes).
- Morning or afternoon tea, or lunch is provided. Organic and indigenous food options are available on request when you book.
- Cultural Activity – learn how to make Maori handcrafts. Your choice of weaving a flower or armband, carving pumice, or making poi. Choose your activity when you book, and take home your very own taonga (treasure).
Note: Transfers can be arranged ex-Taupo, Turangi - travelling time depends on location.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Australia and Oceania New Zealand Local Culture Cultural Journey National Parks
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend