Day 1: Tel Aviv - Jerusalem.
Travel from Tel Aviv ascending the Judean mountains to Jerusalem.
• Stop atop the Mt. of Olives for a panoramic view of the old city, where the merging of past and present unfolds before you.
• Descend to the foot of the mountain to Gethsemane.
• Cross the Kidron Valley and enter the walled city .
• Visit Davidson Centre - the archaeological park of Jerusalem, consisting mostly of excavations from the 1st Century BC and the 1st Century AD. It is located at the south side of the Temple Mount (Haram El Sharif, according to the muslims). The area reveals the complex that existed at the entrance to the Temple in the time of Jesus.
• Visit the Wailing Wall - holiest shrine in Judaism today.
• Walk the Via Dolorosa, station by station to Golgotha and the Holy Sepulcher, the ancient site of the crucifixion and burial of Jesus.
• Walk through the Roman Cardo and exit the town via Zion Gate on Mt. Zion to visit the traditional 'Room of the Last Supper' and Dormition Abbey.
• Drive through the streets of new Jerusalem to the Menorah in front of the Israeli parliament.
Day 2: Jerusalem - Galillee.
• After breakfast, travel northwest to the shores of the Mediterranean to visit Caesarea Maritima, Herod the Great's masterpiece
• Drive northeast via Megiddo (Armageddon) key site to understanding the history of the Holy Land.
• Continue through the Lower Galillee to Nazareth for a visit to the Church of Annunciation and on to the village of Kana, where Jesus performed his first miracle of turning water into wine.
• Visit the major sites around the shores of the Sea of Galillee. Tabgha - traditional site of the miracle of "The Multiplication of the Loaves and the Fish".
Church of Primacy - where Jesus appointed Peter as his successor. Capernaum - classical Jewish fisherman's village during the time of Jesus, known as 'his town".
Day 3: Galillee - Masada
• Drive through the Jordan Valley south till Masada.
• Ascend Masada - Israel's foremost archaeological park, via cable car. A thorough visit gives insight to the rituals, politics and culture of the people who inhabited this desert fortress.
• Stop at a spa on the shores of the Dead Sea - lowest point on earth - to immerse yourself in the mineral rich water.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Middle East Israel Jordan Outdoor: Land Rambler Archeology/History
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend