Day 1: Belgrade. Arrival to Belgrade airport „Nikola Tesla“. Transfer to the hotel, followed by free time. Afternoon optional: Panoramic sightseeing tour from 5 p.m. till 7 p.m. and evening boat cruise with dinner from 9 p.m. Overnight.
Day 2: Belgrade. Breakfast. Walking tour through the capital - along Knez Mihajlova Street, the main pedestrian zone, with numerous boutiques and cafes, through the famous Belgrade park and the fortress Kalemegdan, with an opportunity for the best view over the city and the Sava and Danube confluence. One will experience the monumental proportions of the fortress and find out why this is the most important cultural and historical complex of Belgrade. Optional: Bohemian evening in Skadarlija from 7pm. Overnight. Includes: (B).
Day 3: Belgrade. Breakfast. Free time for individual Belgrade sightseeing. Optional: Royal tour from 11 a.m. and evening entertainment. Overnight. Includes: (B).
Day 4: Belgrade. After breakfast, our guests can choose how they will spend their day. Optional – Boat cruise to Viminacium; Roman and nature tour; Ethno-eco tour. Overnight. Includes: (B).
Day 5: Belgrade – Village Krcedin – Monastery Krusedol – Sremski Karlovci – Novi Sad.
Breakfast. From 9am - morning tour of the capital's religious sites. Enjoyment in masterpieces of Serbian medieval art in Gallery of frescos and in rich decoration of Orthodox church, the most important religious, historical and cultural monuments of the Serbian people. Short tour through one of the largest temples in the world – St, Sava, dedicated to Saint Sava, founder of the Serbian Orthodox Church, and the story about the most important figure in Medieval Serbia. Departure at 1pm, towards Krcedin, village located in the slopes of Fruska Gora mountain, and an excellent lunch on farm, in the pleasant ambiance. Tasting the local specialties, enjoying the sounds of tambourine and visit to the exhibition inspired and dedicated to the rabbit.
Tour over the mountain of Fruska Gora, and visit to the monastery Krusedol - one of the most significant monasteries on Fruska Gora, built by the XVI century ruler Djordje Brankovic. The beautifully painted wall frescoes at Krusedol and the carved wood iconostasis made in a traditional national style, dates back to the XVII century. Short tour through Sremski Karlovci, small baroque city on a slopes of Fruska Gora Mountain and walking through the center where one can hear the story of Chapel of peace, the famous fountain "4 lions", Patriarchy court, Gymnasium, Orthodox church. Wine break and enjoyment of the aroma, smell and the delicious taste of the famous "Bermet" desert wine, after which this region is famous for. After arrival to Novi Sad, accommodation. Overnight. Includes: (B), (L).
Day 6: Novi Sad. Breakfast. Morning walking tour, through the center of Novi Sad, also known as "the Serbian Athens". Starting point on the main square of Sloboda, decorated with the Roman catholic church of the Holly Mary's name. Short walk through the main pedestrian zone - Zmaj Jovina Street and Dunavska street, with numerous boutiques and shops. Coffee break in the street Laze Teleckog, the most attractive street for young people of Novi Sad. Free time for shopping and individual activities. Optional: Evening on a salas farm from 7 p.m. Overnight. Includes: (B).
Day 7: Novi Sad. Overnight. Optional: One day excursion to Backi Petrovac. Overnight. Includes: (B).
Day 8: Novi Sad – Belgrade. After breakfast, transfer to the Belgrade airport „Nikola Tesla“ depending of your flight. The end of the program. Includes: (B).
Optional: Panoramic bus sightseeing tour from 5pm till 7pm (day 1): This tour will will unseal the treasures that this beautiful city can offer. Our guests will enjoy the view and the story about the most important city sites – City Hall, National Parliament and Old Palace, a former home of the Serbian Obrenovic and Karadjordjevic dynasties. Tour through the squares of Belgrade – Republic Square, the main city square with National Museum, National Theater and numerous monuments. Terazije square with the famous fountain and Nikole Pasica square, named after the great Serbian statesman.
- Price: 15€ p/p
- Price includes: Bus sightseeing, English/German speaking licensed guide.
* Evening boat cruise with dinner from 9 pm (day 1): Unique evening on a river boat cruise, and unforgettable experience of a special night on waves of Danube, the great European river. Unforgettable evening, enjoyment in fish specialties, and the sounds of music, that will fulfill the ambient of staying in Belgrade.
- Price: 20€ p/p
- Price includes: Boat cruise and dinner on the boat.
* Bohemian evening in Skadarlija from 7 pm (day 2): Our guests will discover the bohemian part of Belgrade, Skadarlija, also known as "the Belgrade Monmartr". Along with the host they will feel the authentic charm of Belgrade and its atmosphere, by enjoying the world of gastronomy and traditional Serbian tambourine orchestra of bohemian Serbia.
- Price: 14€ p/p
- Price includes: Dinner in a national restaurant, English speaking host.
* Royal tour from 11 am (cca 150 km) (day 3): Departure and sightseeing of Topola and Oplenac, picturesque landscapes with endless clearings, valleys in the heart of Serbia which used to be holiday resorts and the place where the Serbian kings of the Karadjordjevic Dynasty were being buried. Visit to military museum, church, commemorative school and fountain which represents a memorial compound of buildings proclaimed for the protected cultural wealth. Lunch in a rural household in authentic local ambient with beautiful view on this region of Serbia called Shumadija. Return to Belgrade.
- Price: 45€ p/p
- Price includes: Bus tour according to the program, Lunch in a rural household, English/German speaking licensed guide, Entrance fees (memorial compound of Karadjodrejvic Dynasty).
* Evening entertainment from 7 pm (day 3): Dinner will be organized in one of the restaurants in Zemun, where our guests will have a chance to smell fresh roasted bread and perfectly prepared traditional dinner.
- Price: 13€ p/p
- Price includes: Dinner in a restaurant.
* Boat cruise to Viminacium 11 am (cca 200 km) (day 4): Bus tour to Smederevo and visit to the fortress, which used to be a medieval fortified city and temporary capital of Serbia. It was built by Despot Djuradj Brankovic in the first half of the XV century, during the era of the Serbian Despotate. Boat cruise to Viminacium, former major city of the Roman Moesia, which still preserves the remains of this ancient town. Discovering the secrets hidden between the rocky walls and taking a peak in underground tombs. Roman lunch will be organized on the locality, which will return back our guests to the ancient period. After short break, bus tour back to Belgrade.
- Price: 65€ p/p
- Price includes: Bus tour according to the program, Boat cruise, Riman lunch, English/German speaking licensed guide, Entrance fees (Viminacium).
* Roman and nature tour from 10:30 am (cca 155 km) (day 4): Visit Sremska Mitrovica an archeological site, once known as Sirmium, one of four capitals of the Roman Empire. The complex is an archeological site of excavated objects that today presents an unique open-air museum. Visit to the Museum of Srem, with the permanent exhibition, mainly inspired by the idea to present the remains from the Roman period and of the existence of Sirmium. Visit the Zasavica Special Nature Reserve, one of the most dazzling and untouched natural gems of Serbia, famous for its numerous and diverse wildlife. Discovering the rich, peaceful and gentle Zasavica, a sanctuary to plant species, some 180 birds and mammals and enjoyment in the most captivating view to the whole Zasavica from 18 meters high tower. Lunch. Visit to the Serbian Bread Museum, built by the Serbian painter, who has been traveling around Serbia for more then thirty, painting, collecting, preserving, keeping and presenting the objects once used in Serbia for bread production. Return to Belgrade.
- Price: 55€ p/p
- Price includes: Bus tour according to the program, Lunch on Zasavica, Boat cruise, English/German speaking licensed guide, Entrance fees (museum in Sremska Mitrovica, Bread museum).
* Ethno-eco tour 10:30 am (cca 170 km) (day 5): Admiring the world famous Naive Art Gallery in ethno center Babka, in Kovacica, village with the majority of Slovak population. Enriching the private collection and possibility for buying some of the ethno souvenirs, and listening the story about the hand made violins or local craft man. Departure to Ecka where, our guests will feast their eyes on the castle of Count Lazar Lukac and the church from 1711, where Franz list once played for the Count Esterhazy. One can enjoy the boat cruise through one of the biggest ornithology European stations, and stroll the nature. Maybe someone will become the one who solves the mystery of where the legendary military leader of the Huns, Atilla „God's Whip“ is laid to rest. Lunch will be organized in ethno restaurant. Return to Belgrade.
- Price: 48€ p/p
- Price includes: Bus tour according to the program, Lunch in ethno restaurant, Boat cruise, English/German speaking licensed guide, Entrance fees (ethno center Babka, castle in Ecka).
* Evening on a salas farm from 7 pm (day 6): Evening on a salas farm, nearby Novi Sad, where one will have a chance to enjoy the delicious Serbian specialties and the atmosphere fulfilled with the tones of Vojvodinian music.
- Price: 18€ p/p
- Price includes: Dinner with music on salas farm.
* One day excursion to Backi Petrovac from 9 am (cca 50 km) (day 7): Breakfast. One day excursion to Backi Petrovac, village in Vojvodina area. Specify of the ambient of Backi Petrovac is the fact that the majority of Slovaks are characterized by exceptional diligence, orderliness, folklore and traditions, food specialties and crafts products for which they are unique. The tour will begin with a short walk through the village and introduction to the architectural tradition – the oldest house in Backi Petrovac, built in 1799, examples of Slovak houses recognizable by picturesque rustic tiles on the facade, Evangelical Church, which is the second largest in Europe with an extremely interesting art works and the organ used in church services. Evening dinner and tasting the local traditional specialties – famus peper sausage, cheese, brandy, homemade wines. Return to Novi Sad.
- Price: 45€ p/p
- Price includes: Bus tour according to the program, Dinner with traditional specialties, English/German-speaking licensed guide.
* Hotel 3-star, Belgrade: The hotel is located in the very heart of the city centre, just accross the City-hall and Parliament, surrounded by Kalemegdan and Tasmajdan Park, within easy walking distance of the biggest city squares. All hotel rooms include a bathroom, cable TV, direct phone line and wireless internet - free of charge. The hotel also includes a restaurant.
* Hotel 3-star, Novi Sad: Hotel presents a hotel – sports complex, unique in Serbia, located on west side of Novi Sad. All hotel rooms and apartments have air-condition with individual settings, Internet conection and direct telephone line, furnished with mini bar, TV, safe, hair dryer, electronic (key - card), and all other services, which will make your stay more comfortable. Restaurant offers specialties of domestic and international kitchen, proffers kindly and splendid experience.
Prices: 429€ (per person).
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Europe Serbia Local Culture Cultural Journey Food & Wine
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend