From Skardu we drive to Askole, where our team of porters load up for the trek. On the first few stages we cross the snout of the Biafo Glacier, and negotiate the narrow trails above the Braldu River, before ascending the lateral moraine to the Baltoro Glacier. Ascending the glacier we gain unrivaled views of the Karakoram. With the option of stopping at non-traditional campsites wherever possible, we move along the surrounding rock spires, granite towers.
Occasionally on and off the Baltoro Glacier itself, we reach Concordia, from where we have the most spectacular view of some of the World's greatest giants like K2 (8616m), Broad Peak (8048m), Gasherbrum II (8035m), Gasherbrum IV (7925m), Chogolisa (7665m) and Golden Throne (7240m). Baltoro Concordia Trek has been a highlight for trekkers, and has allowed thousands of the adventure lovers to enjoy the magnificence of the Karakoram. The route follows Braldu River up to Baltoro Glacier, a 65-km long highway of the ice.
Day 1: Islamabad. Welcome reception at Alpine Club of Pakistan.
Day 2: Fly to Skardu or drive to Chilas in case of flight cancellation. Hotel.
Day 3: Free day at Skardu or drive from Chilas to Skardu. Hotel.
Day 4: Drive to Askole. Overnight in tent.
Day 5: Trek to Jhola. Overnight in tent.
Day 6: Trek to Paiyu. Overnight in tent.
Day 7: Free day. Overnight in tent.
Day 8: Trek to Khuburtze. Overnight in tent.
Day 9: Trek to Urdukas. Overnight in tent.
Day 10: Trek to Goro II. Overnight in tent.
Day 11: Trek to Concordia. Overnight in tent.
Days 12 & 13: Free day at Concordia. Overnight in tent.
Day 14: Trek backs to Beyonge. Overnight in tent.
Day 15: Trek to Khuburtze. Overnight in tent.
Day 16: Trek to Paiyu. Overnight in tent.
Day 17: Trek to Jhola. Overnight in tent.
Day 18: Trek to Askole. Overnight in tent.
Day 19: Drive to Skardu. Hotel.
Day 20: Fly to Islamabad or drive to Chilas in case of flight cancellation.
Day 21: Farewell meeting at Alpine Club of Pakistan or complete road journey from Chilas to Islamabad.
Day 22: Fly Out.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Airport/road transfer in AC coach and four wheel drive jeep
- Hotel accommodation and meals
- Sleeping tents, mattresses, kitchen, toilet and mess tents with tables/ stools
- Kitchen equipment, crockery, fuel and related camping gear
- Services of English speaking guide, cook, and low altitude porters
- 12.5 kg of personal baggage during trek
- Porterage at airport and hotels, toll taxes and parking fee etc
- Trekking fee (US $50 p/p) and permit process
- Insurance of our field staff, porters/staff
- Safety rope and basic necessary gear
- Ice axe/ crampon and local made down jackets can be hired if needed.
- International & domestic airfare and airport tax
- Sleeping bags and personal nature clothing/ equipment
- Extras at hotels like drinks, laundry, phone calls
- Insurance liability and other under force major conditions, medical aid, and helicopter rescue coverage, etc.
Joined InfoHub: Mar 2010
Client Request Served: 0
M20118 outfits package tours specializing in treks, mountaineering expeditions, cultural, archeological, Scientific and environmental study tours in Pakistan and organizes trips to China and Central Asian states in collaboration with established business associates in those countries. M20118 offers family and old age...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see tour packages in:
Outdoor: Land Rambler
Hiking & Trekking
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
|Check out these similar vacation offers: