Maroua it's the capital of North Region. It has a population of about 70 000 inhabitants, ethnic group includes: Fulbes, Mundang, Toupouris, Massa, Matakan, Podoko, Mandara, Mousgoum, Kotoko, Choa etc. This Region has the bets national parks, traditional palaces, beautiful landscapes, volcanic dykes great Lakes. The people here are hospitable and have their own way of constructing their homes, with round roofs, etc. Access is by air and road. Has an international airport which is 22 km from Maroua Central.
Attractions of the Far North include:
- The volcanic dykes of the Mandara area
- The Mokolo, Mora, Tourous Market and its Calabash women
- The Orbus huts at Pouss
- The Maga dam (where tourist can fish and paddle local canoe)
- The Oudjilla Palace (where the chief has 45 wives and over 100 children. They will organise a dance for tourist). Palace 200 years old, Kalamaloue Park
- The Bogo fantasia (dance on well decorated horses)
- The Rhumsiki crab Soothsayer, Weavers, potters and tanners
- The hospitality of the Maroua people
- Craftmen and Blacksmiths,lamido of Makaini, Yagoua
- Kapsiki village.
Day 1: Douala – Maroua. Transfer to the airport, assist in formalities, and leave for Maroua by air. Arrive at Maroua Salak, meet assist and transfer to the hotel. Afternoon, city tour of Maroua, visit the market, the artisanal center, weavers and tanners. Night, hotel in Maroua.
Day 2: Maroua – Mokolo – Rhumsiki. Discover the crabsooth sayer. Observe the sunset. Night in Rbhumsiki.
Day 3: Maroua – Oudjilla. On the way for Oudjilla while passing by Mora. Departure for Koza while passing by Méri. Crossing of the impressive cliff of Koza. Night Maroua.
Day 4: Maroua – Waza. Visit of the palace and the sare of the chief of Oudjilla. Departure for the national Park of Waza, one of richest of all the sub-of the sahara Africa, sheltering lions, elephants, antelopes, giraffes, birds of all kind, etc. Arrival at the safari park photos. Night Waza.
Day 5: Waza – Mora – Maroua. Walkening under song of birds, other visit of the park. Visit of interests cynegetics zones (ZIC) and hunt possible sportswoman. Departure for Maroua. Arrival, visit of the market of Maroua. Return to Maroua and night.
Day 6: Maroua – Douala. Transfer to Maroua Salak airport. Assist and leave for Douala.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Africa Cameroon Local Culture Cultural Journey National Parks
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend