Tourist sites around Chittagong:
- World War II Cemetery: In this well-preserved cemetery, lie buried over 700 soldiers from commonwealth countries and Japan, who died during the Second World War.
- Foy's lake: Set amidst panoramic surroundings, this ideal spot for outing and picnic is thronged by thousands of visitors.
- Ethnological Museum: The ethnological museum in Chittagong stands as a milestone in our national progress. It is a place where ample facilities have been installed to carry out ethnological research. This museum houses objects of 12 different tribes of Bangladesh and also of many tribes of Australia, India and Pakistan. Visitors have to pay a little amount of entrance fee.
- Bayazid Bostami: This holy place attracts a large number of visitors and pilgrims. At its base there is a large pond with several hundred huge tortoises and fishes floating on the water.
- Court Building Museum: Situated on the Fairy Hill, this building commands a magnificent bird's eye view of Chittagong. This was the scene of intense activity during the liberation war in 1971. A museum has been established here.
- Patenga Beach: It is a sandy beach at the meeting place of the roaring sea and the river Karnaphuli.
- Sitakunda: Approximately 37 km from Chittagong. Sitakunda is famous for Chandranath Hindu Temple-one of the oldest temples in the subcontinent and Buddhist Temple consecrated by a footprint of Lord Buddha. Shiva Chaturdoshi (14th) festivals are held every year in February when thousands of pilgrims assemble, giving a serene look to the hilltop environs. There is also a hot-water spring 5 km to the north of Sitakunda.
- Other Places: Other important places of interest in Chittagong include the shrine of Shah Amanat, Shahi Jame Mosque. Chandanpura Mosque. Portuguese Arsenal, Port Area. Marine Academy and Bipani Bitan Market.
- Hill Districts and Tribal Culture: The Hill Tracts are divided into three districts, namely. Rangamati, Khagrachhari and Bandarban.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Asia Bangladesh Local Culture Cultural Journey
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend