- Hiking trip to the Jebel Toubkal Ascent (4167 meters) the top of North Africa
- Period: from March to November
- Duration: 2 days/1 night
- Grade: hard (physical fitness required).
Day 1: Marrakech - Imlil - Toubkal Refuge
After an early breakfast at the hotel in Marrakech, our driver will pick you up and take you to the heart of Morocco’s High Atlas mountains, the trek starts from Imlil (1740 meters), a small Berber village located at 1740 meters above the sea level, at 67 km on the south west of Marrakech, here you will meet the team who will accompany you during this amazing adventure, the driver will drop you off in the village, the muleteers will deal with your luggage, food and all other equipments that we usually provide for our clients, within half an hour you start the walk with an experienced mountain guide through the Berber villages following a mule track which will take you to the mountain hut via the shrine Sidi Chamhrouch (2500 meters) where you will have your picnic lunch prepared in advance by our cook, after lunch and a short break, continue towards the refuge (3200 meters), as the mules walks faster, the muleteers and cook, will pass over and will be waiting for you at the hut or camp, get a tasty mint tea upon arrival while you will enjoying the scenic Mountain surrounded the based camp. The hot shower is available to clean your body and be ready for the next day.
Option: the night could be spent on the tent but in summer time.
Day 2: Toubkal refuge - Toubkal Summit - Imlil
Wake up early to avoid the sunny way, breakfast around 5.00 am and start the ascent climb at 5.30 am, each one of you may need to pack his own pack-lunch, step by step until you get to the point above the hut where you have a short break with nuts, water and oranges etc. After 3h/4h walking up the hill, you will be able to see all the high atlas mountains like a view from the air, stunning view of the green valleys and Berber villages, a break of 45 min on the summit will allow to take pictures and enjoy the views before heading down to the hut, a diversify lunch will be ready for you there. After lunch you walk down hill towards Imlil by the same route but you have an option to stay on the hut 2nd night depending to your flight time and holiday schedule (to be informed in advance if needed). Pick up from Imlil and return to your Riad in Marrakech or the airport.
Clothing to bring (winter and summer):
- Good walking boots and socks
- Comfortable shoes/slippers for camp/guesthouse
- Trekking pants
- Lightweight waterproof over-trousers/rain-pants
- Long johns
- Fleece jacket or warm jumper
- Lightweight windproof/waterproof jacket
- Goggles (winter) and sunglasses (summer)
- Lightweight thermal or fleece gloves.
Equipment to bring:
- 3 to 4 season sleeping bag
- Walking stick
- Day sack/backpack
- Basic First Aid Kit - refer to trip dossier for details
- Ice axe and crampons (winter)
- Water bottle or camel back (recommended)
- Penknife (useful).
Other things to bring:
- Personal items (e.g. towel, sunscreen, wipes, toilet tissues, antibacterial handwash)
- Small First Aid Kit including insect repellent, plasters, medicines
- Small rubbish bag to carry out what you carry in
Matches e.g. burn toilet paper
- Trail snacks
- Zip-Up bags for camera
- Repair kit (eg. needle, thread, duct tape).
Also see tour packages in:
Africa Morocco Outdoor: Land Rambler Hiking & Trekking Walking Tours
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend