The climax of Annapurna Circuit trek is crossing the formidable Thorong La Pass (5416m). It is at the very edge of the Tibetan plateau and affords unsurpassed panoramic views of Annapurna Himal. Once across, we visit the pilgrimage town of Muktinath, past the Dhaulagiri Ice flow & the world's deepest gorge, where the powerful Kali Gandaki River has cut deep through the Himalaya between the massive peaks of Dhaulagiri and Annapurna. Hot springs await us at Tatopani followed by a magnificent sunrise at Poon Hill, before descending back to Pokhara through famous Gurung Village of Ghandrung.
Day 1: Arrival and transfer to Hotel.
Day 2: Sightseeing of Monastery, palace, temple /Hotel.
Day 3: Drive to Basi sahar trek to Nadi Bazar (930 m).
Day 4: Trek to Jagat (1300 m), about 7 hrs.
Day 5: Trek to Dharapani (1860 m), abouth 6 to 7 hrs.
Day 6: Trek to Chame (2660 m), about 5 to 6.
Day 7: Trek to Upper pisang (3300 m), about 5 hrs.
Day 8: Trek to Bhraka (3400 m), about 6hrs visit 500 years old Bhraka Gompa.
Day 9: Acclimatization day and explore Manang.
Day 10: Trek to yak kahrka (4018 m), about 6 to 7hrs.
Day 11: Trek to Phedi (4450 m), about 6 hrs.
Day 12: Trek to Muktinath (3802 m), about 8 to 9 hrs via Throng la pass (5416 m).
Day 13: Trek to Jomsom(2720) via Lupra village, about 7 to 8 hrs.
Day 14: Drive to Tatopani(1190 m), about 5 to 6, enjoy bathing on hot spring.
Day 15: Trek to Ghorepani (2860 m), about 7 to 8 hrs.
Day 16: Sunrise view at Poonhill & trek to Ghandrung (1830 m)about 9 hrs.
Day 17: Trek to Birethanti & drive to pokhara, the end of Annapurna Circuit trek.
Day 18: Day to explore in Pokhara /Hotel.
Day 19: Fly Kathmandu/last shopping/Hotel.
Day 20: Drive to Airport for Return flight.
- Departure: Everyday Guarantee with even single person.
- Best season:
* Spring: Feb-May (For the flower lover)
* Autumn: Mid September till End of November.
Those who want to avoid Crowed can trek in winter but it will be cold and there are chances that Throng-La is closed. Trek to Annapurna Circuit can be done in Monsoon too but there will be risk of landslide and also mountain views are not visible most of the time. If you travel in winter and summer there will be 10% discount on the mention cost.
- Kathmandu Airport transfers
- An experienced insured and equipped English speaking Guide
- Guided sightseeing and entry fee in Kathmandu
- Internal flights and land transport involved in the itinerary
- Airport tax
- Good standard Hotel (3-4*) accommodation in Kathmandu & Pokhara with breakfast
- Teahouse accommodation on trek twin sharing basic
- Tims permit
- Annapurna Conservation Fee
- Insured and equipped porter as on IPPG rules
- TTG Kit bag and T-Shirt as a souvenir
- Ascents of Thorong-La (5416m) & Poon Hill (3190m)
- Acclimatization day to explore Manang and Bhraka Gompa
- Trekking off the main trail to the village of Lupra - one of the more traditional Tibetan villages in the Annapurna region.
- Travel Insurance
- Nepalese Visa
- Tips for Guide and other trek staff
- Meals except 6 breakfast in the city
- Additional costs due to illness, rescue etc
- Additional cost due to force majeure, changes of flight and itinerary
- Personal drinks and Bar Bill.
- Only internal flights are included.
Also see tour packages in:
Asia Nepal Outdoor: Land Rambler Hiking & Trekking
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend