Upper Mustang trek follows established trails, together with a number of impressive wayside inns, are a legacy of this trade and now make for ideal trekking territory. Discover age-old monasteries, Explore the natural beauty of Upper Mustang, Get a taste of Tibetan culture, Cross mountain passes, Reach incredible altitudes, Walk beside a tributary of the Ganges Quintessentially Tibetan in character, the Upper Mustang region is vast, wild and ruggedly beautiful.
From the deepest valley in the world to stunning mountain landscapes, to one of Nepal’s longest prayer walls to the whitewashed walls of Lo Manthang, not to mention fields and orchards to barren rocky plains - this is truly a hidden mountain paradise. Trek through a constantly changing landscape, stay in tiny local guesthouses and embrace the spirit of rural life on this unbelievable travel adventure.
Day 1: Arrival and transfer to hotel/at leisure.
Day 2: Visit temple, stupa and ancient palace/Hotel.
Day 3: Drive to Pokhara(900m) through country side/Hotel.
Day 4: Fly to Jomsom (2710m) & Trek to Kagbeni (2800m), about 4 hrs.
Day 5: Trek to Chele(3050m), about 7 to 8 hrs.
Day 6: Trek to syanboche (3800m), about 7 hrs.
Day 7: Trek to Chrang (3560m), about 6 to 7 hrs.
Day 8: Trek to Lo Manthang(3810m), about 4 to 5 hrs.
Day 9: Day trip to Chosar village with horse, about 5 hrs.
Day 10: Day trip to Namgyal Gompa & visit king and lo Manthang.
Day 11: Trek to Dhakmar(3820m) visit Lo Gekar Gompa about 8 hrs.
Day 12:.Trek to Ghiling (3570m), about 7 hrs.
Day 13: Trek to Chhusang (2980m), about 8 hrs.
Day 14: Trek to Muktinath (3760m), about 7 to 8 hrs.
Day 15: Trek to Jomsom (2720m) through Lupra village, about 6-7 hr.
Day 16: Fly to Pokhara, at leisure/Hotel.
Day 17: Fly to Kathmandu/last shopping/hotel.
Day 18: Drive to airport for return flight.
Departure: Everyday Guarantee with two persons from March till November.
- Summer: May - September
- Autumn: October - November
- Spring: April
- Winter is too cold in Upper Mustang and most of the hotels are closed.
- Kathmandu Airport transfers
- An experienced insured and equipped English speaking Guide
- Guided sightseeing and entry fee in Kathmandu
- Internal flights and land transport involved in the itinerary
- Flights of guide
- Airport tax
- Good standard Hotel ( 3-4*) accommodation in Kathmandu & pokhara with breakfast
- Teahouse accommodation on trek twin sharing basic
- Tims permit
- National park permit
- Special Mustang Permit
- Horse to ride to visit Chhosar Village
- Insured and equipped porter as on IPPG rules
- TTG Kit bag and T-Shirt as a souvenir
- Three nights in Lomanthang to Explore Chhosar village, Namgel Gompa and Lomanthang.
- Travel Insurance
- Nepalese Visa
- Tips for Guide and other trek staff
- Meals except 5 breakfast in the city
- Monastery entry fee in Mustang
- Additional costs due to illness, rescue etc
- Additional cost due to force majeure, changes of flight and itinerary
- Personal drinks and Bar Bill.
- Only internal flights are included.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Asia Nepal Outdoor: Land Rambler Hiking & Trekking
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend