- Minimum Age: 8 (16 yrs May/June);
- Level: Advanced (May/June) Intermediate (July through September);
- Meeting Place: Green River, Utah 8:00 a.m. (5/6 day)
- Dates: May 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 June 6, 13, 20, 27 July 4, 11, 18 (5-Day); July 25, August 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 September 4, 11 (6-Day)
- 3 Day Cataract Canyon trip may be scheduled upon request
Cataract Canyon is an anomaly. Its rapids rank along with those of the Grand Canyon in power and difficulty. In fact, the river becomes unruly during the run off in May and June. Yet Cataract Canyon contains mile after mile of rafting through canyons where you are awe struck, not simply by whitewater but the deep multicolored canyons of this section of Canyonlands National Park. Side canyon hikes to ruins and petroglyphs delight you as you head toward the Confluence of the Colorado and Green rivers.
This legendary gorge named Cataract Canyon is buried in the heart of Utah's Canyonlands National Park. Our rafts offer effortless conveyance to side canyon grotto's, waterfalls and ancient Anasazi ruins that are otherwise inaccessible. On this trip we see the most vivid contrast between utter tranquility and all-out high adventure. In the first part of the trip the current slides us quietly past brilliantly colored cliffs and towering table-top mesas. Here the river conditions both body and soul, giving you time to prepare yourself for the behemoth rapids awaiting below the confluence of the Green and Colorado rivers.
Cataract Canyon Rafting (3 days): $1055.00
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
USA Utah Outdoor: Water Drifter Canoeing/Kayaking/Rafting National Parks
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend