• detailed cards and tours proposals
• free download of several tours to your GPS
• lockable bicycle room, place for reparations and cleaning
• emergency service (pickup with the mini bus)
• transfers by mini bus
• washing machine at your disposal
• possibility to rent front suspension mountain bikes
• abundant breakfast buffet
• picnics in the countryside
• possibility for take-away picnics
Easy tours with mountain or trekking bike
Please find below a selection of the best round trip cycle tours on white roads or panoramic asphalt roads with few traffic. You can have nice breaks in small medieval villages. At the reception you will receive maps and descriptions of the tours with detailled indications of the elevation. You can even download some of the tours from our computer to your (garmin) GPS device.
• Prategiano - Gerfalco - Travale - Prategiano: 22 km, total elevation 650 m: 13,5 km asphalt 8,5 km white road; map Highlights: visit of the top hill village Gerfalco, nice white road through the natural parc "Le Cornate" with impressive views, old restaured farm houses, springs with cristal water, break in Travale
• Prategiano - top hill "Poggio di Prata" - Prata - Montieri - Prategiano: 31 km, total elevation 700 m: 23,5 km asphalt 7,5 km white road; Highlights: woods with chestnut and oak trees, incredable view of the Maremma cost until the island of Elba and Corsica, picnic close to an old fountain, break in the medieval village of Prata
• Prategiano - Travale - Montalcinello - Chiusdino - Ciciano - Prategiano: 33 km, total elevation 800 m: 28 km asphalt 4 km white road 1 km dirt road; Highlighs: geotermic area "Lagoni", nice white road along a ridge, stop in the village Montalcinello, visit of Chiusdino.
• Prategiano - Montieri - Palazetto - monastry San Galgano - Frasini - Chiusdino - Ciciano - Prategiano: 39 km, total elevation 850 m: 100% asphalt; Highlights: see below
Itineraries for tour with racing bike
• Round trip cycle tour Montieri - Palazetto - monastry San Galgano - Frasini - Chiusdino - Ciciano - Prategiano: 39 km, total elevation 750 m: 100% asphalt; Highlights: stop at the river Merse, visit of the famous monastry San Galgano, small road without traffic through fields with fantastic views; break in the pitoresque village of Chiusdino, picnic with other clients at our picnic place "Chiusdino"
• Round trip cycle tour Montieri - Monterotondo - Castelnuovo - Anqua - Montieri: 62 km, total elevation 1100 m: 100% asphalt; Highlights: geotermic power stations around Castelnuovo, small road without traffic around the fantastic Renaissance Villa of Anqua, great landscape with lots of abandonated farm houses, stop at the river Cecina; attention: The road before Anqua is not asphalted for 1 km, but easy to cycle.
• Round trip cycle tour Montieri - Massa Marittima - Prata - Montieri: about 70 km, total elevation 800 m: 100% asphalt; Highlights: Visit of Massa Marittima with one of the most beautiful squares and cathedrals in Tuscany, stop at the medieval village of Prata, beautiful fields and vallies
• Round trip cycle tour Montieri - Travale - Montalcinello - Chiusdino - Montieri: about 60 km, total elevation 900 m: 100% asphalt; Highlights: Beautiful roads nearly without traffic, stop in Montalcinello, visit of Chiusdino, picnic close to the village
• Round trip cycle tour Montieri - Chiusdino - Rosia - Siena - Monteriggioni - Radicondoli - Montieri: about 110 km
• Round trip cycle tour Montieri - Follonica (beach) - Scalino - Tatti - Montieri: about 130 km
• Round trip cycle tour Montieri - San Gimigniano - Volterra - Montieri: about 150 km
Minimum rate includes 1 night bed & breakfast & free maps and GPS data. Please contact us for questions and bookings.
Also see tour packages in:
Europe Italy Outdoor: Land Rambler Bicycle Touring Cultural Journey
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend