- Travel by Land-rover, boat, horse, surf-board and on foot
- Galway Bay’s Atlantic coastline
- The world famous Cliff of Moher
- Overnight in two beautiful villages with fantastic sea views
- Walk in Connemara’s mountains
- Have a barbeque, bonfire and game of Gaelic football on the beach
- Loads of activity options like surfing, horse-riding and walking
- Discover the archaeological, geological and biological wonders of the Burren Region
- Amazing Atlantic sunsets
- Drive across the sand to an Island
- Superb B&B accommodation
- Great pubs and live music
- Stunning castles and legendary places
- Drive through hidden valleys with dark, mysterious lakes.
Day 1: Depart Dublin – 8.30am from Dublin Tourism Centre, Suffolk Street, Dublin 2. Visit the ancient ruin of the Rock of Dun Na mase – where English involvement in Ireland began. Travel through Counties Dublin, Kildare, Tipperary and Limerick towards Clare. Arrive Atlantic coastline for Pub Lunch or picnic. Head into County Clare – via coast road. Burren Region – Limestone Lunar landscape. Secret shortcuts over the hills. Fanore Beach – touch the Atlantic. Cliffs of Moher – 700 ft sea cliffs. Lahinch – Ireland’s surfing capital, try to catch a wave. Overnight in Doolin – great music in the pubs.
Day 2: Depart Doolin. Lisdoonvarna – Matchmaking Festival. Poulnabrone Dolmen – Megalithic tomb. Corcomroe Abbey. Kinvarra village with: Dunguire Castle – ancient seat of the High Kings of Munster, Hookers – Traditional Sailing boats. Arrive Galway city for lunch. Depart Galway. Heading north into the Connemara region, famous for Its wild and rugged landscape and stunning scenery. Mamturk Mountains. Go for a walk in the mountains and follow the
footsteps of St Patrick. Dogs Bay Beach. White sandy beach to watch the sun go down.
Rent horses for a gallop along the beach or drive across the Omey Island at low tide Twelve Bens Mountain Range. Go for a walk in the Connemara National Park. Kylemore Abbey, One of Ireland’s most beautiful buildings. Killary Harbour - Ireland’s only fjord. Leenane, Quick pints in ‘The Field Pub’, named after the movie which was filmed here, at the head of Killary Harbour. Cross into County Mayo and into the Mweelrea Mountains. Follow the road up through the Mountain pass of ‘The valley of the Black Lake’ – stunning. Bonfire, barbeque or game of Gaelic football on one of the most remote and beautiful beaches in Ireland. Overnight in/near Westport, co Mayo.
Day 3: Depart Killadoon, near Westport. Croagh Patrick. Walk up the Mountain from where St Patrick banished the snakes from Ireland. Shopping stop in picturesque Westport. Head East Through counties Galway, Mayo and Roscommon. Visit the National Famine Museum in Strokestown House. Later cross back over into Leinster, the east of Ireland. Arrive Dublin about 5.30-6pm.
Note: Amazing 5, 7 and 11 Day Trips also available.
Also see tour packages in:
Europe Ireland Local Culture Cultural Journey Multi-activity