It is worthy to start trek from Lukla for those who have limited time. Lukla is the main gateway to access the Everest & main other high mountain peaks. With your commencement of trek, you will be offer dramatic view of sky kissed mountains. Located within a few days' trek of Everest Base Camp and Kala Pattar, Gokyo actually has better views. From the summit of Gokyo Ri, you can see Everest, Cho Oyu, Lhotse, & Makalu.
A high-altitude trek to a valley east of Everest base camp. Excellent views of Everest small lodges on the entire route and usually less crowded than the base camp trek. The Gokyo/Gokyo Ri trek starts from Lukla after 45 minute mountain flight from Kathmandu, following up the Dudh Koshi river valley towards Namche, and other main villages of Khumbu, Thame & Khumjung. After Khumjung Valley we branch off from the main busy trail towards the sleepy village of Phortse Tenga and finally reaching to our ultimate destination at Gokyo. Gokyo, a one time yak pasture is blessed with two beautiful high lakes.
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu & Transfer to hotel (A)
Day 2: Sight seeing in Kathmandu valley (A, B)
Day 3: Kathmandu to Lukla by flight & trek to Phakding (A, B, L, D)
Day 4: Phakding to Namche Bazaar (A, B, L, D)
Day 5: Namche Bazaar rest day (A, B, L, D)
Day 6: Namche–Dole (A, B, L, D)
Day 7: Dole–Machermo (A, B, L, D)
Day 8: Rest day in Machermo (A, B, L, D)
Day 9: Machermo – Gokyo (A, B, L, D)
Day 10: Exploration day (A, B, L, D)
Day 11: Gokyo – Luza (A, B, L, D)
Day 12: Luza – Khumjung (A, B, L, D)
Day 13: Khumjung – Monjo (A, B, L, D)
Day 14: Monjo – Lukla (A, B, L, D)
Day 15: Lukla – Kathmandu (A, B, L)
Day 16: Departure day (B)
(Abbreviation: A - Accommodation, B - Breakfast, L - Lunch, D - Dinner)
10% discount for InfoHub customer. Request a free gift certificate.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Airport pick up & drop
- Trekking guide
- One porter each two clients in tea-house trek, required cook, trek crews & porters in tent trek
- Insurance, lodging, food & allowance to your trek crews
- Tent & mattress for tent trekking
- All meals as per itinerary
- Land transportation as per itinerary
- All accommodation as per itinerary
- Trekking Permit & National Park Fee
- Domestic Flight Ticket as per itinerary.
Price does not Include:
- International airfares & war insurance
- The cost of personal items like laundry & all kind of soft & hard drinks
- Optional excursions
- Cost of visas, insurance charges & passports where is necessary
- Gratuities for services provided on a personal basis
- The single supplement payable on all bookings where only one person is traveling
- All others except committed to provide in ‘cost included’ section above.
Joined InfoHub: Jul 2007
Client Request Served: 16
Eco-friendly adventure holiday leaders and leading climate justice research group to Nepal Himalayas.
Krishna, the team leader of M16846 is also right to life related climate justice advocate. He is dedicating in this sectors researching and advocating climate justice.
From 2006, he is advocating basic rights for...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see tour packages in:
Outdoor: Land Rambler
Hiking & Trekking
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend