- Location: Pacuare River
- Activity: Rafting Class III Y IV
- Participants: min. age: 12
- Distance: 30 km/18 miles, 38 rapids
- Guide: Bilingual Tour Guide
- Departures: Daily, all year
- Meals: Breakfast and Lunch
- Transportation: San Jose - Paquare, Paquare - San Jose
- Equipment: Rafting Equipment.
This river has been declared a Wild and Scenic River, and offers some of the finest white water in Latin America, providing the adventurous rafter with a ride of unbelievable natural beauty as it winds deep inside one of Costa Rica's most impressive primordial rainforests.
The thick undergrowth provides shelter for jaguars, ocelots, monkeys, sloths, and numerous other species of animals and birds. Depart from San José, driving approximately 3 hours to the departing point. Breakfast in route. At the put in you'll rig your raft and begin the journey downriver. River time: approximately 4 hours depending on the water level. Lunch on the riverbank before the afternoon take out at which time you can shower and change into dry clothes. Return to San José.
Also see tour packages in:
Central America and Caribbean Costa Rica Outdoor: Water Drifter Canoeing/Kayaking/Rafting
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend