This walk on the romantic east shore of Loch Lomond is a chance to explore the gentle hillside at the foot of the loch's big mountain, Ben Lomond (974m). The ancient settlement of Ardess (National Trust of Scotland) dates back to medieval times and reveals traces of a remarkably industrious and industrial past! In the afternoon, we take a short cruise round the islands on one of Balmaha's romantic 'mailboats' and enjoy majestic alpine views of the Highlands.
Private Tours only:
- From Balloch (45 min. train from Glasgow) for group of up to 4 persons: £136, any extra person £29
- From Glasgow for group of up to 4 persons: £176, any extra person £35
- From Stirling for group of up to 4 persons: £150, any extra person £32
* Only 2 of you? Just deduct 10% from the above prices.
- Minibus travel to start point of walk
- Boat ride
- Picnic lunch
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
Joined InfoHub: Jul 2007
Client Request Served: 14
M16776 Loch Lomond offer a versatile program of easy and guided hiking holidays and day tours in Scotland. Mixed with interesting sightseeing on the way our tours introduce you to Scotland's beautiful, wild and remote highland landscapes and wildlife and its historical and cultural heritage.
Our tours have a...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see tour packages in:
Outdoor: Land Rambler
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend