Day 1: Meeting place in Contamines-Montjoie on Saturday morning (free round trip shuttle from Geneva airport), stop by ski-shop to hire ski touring equipment, ski touring up to the Alp of Balme (5597 feet), night in a lodge or in a two stars hotel.
Day 2: Sunday, ski touring, ascent of "Petit Croisse-Baulet" (6591 feet) and "Grand Croisse-Baulet" (7336 feet), shuttle back to Geneva airport.
- Free round trip shuttle from Geneva airport.
* Your flights: the free round trip shuttle from Geneva airport will leave the airport very early on Saturday morning (at 7:20 a.m.). So, choose a flight landing in Geneva on Friday evening, and taking off after 8:00 p.m. on Sunday evening.
* If you arrive in Geneva airport on Friday evening, we propose you a night in a motel close to Geneva airport plus Saturday breakfast, for 60 EUR extra charge, with free welcome in Geneva airport on Friday evening, and free transfer to your motel.
- Your guide: A French IFMGA Mountain Guide, or a French Ski Instructor, speaking fluently English with a near-native comprehension, expert of back country skiing.
- Your level:
* You are a ski-mountaineering beginner, and you want to learn ski-mountaineering technique. You practice a good parallel turn, and you control your skis and your speed on all the red and black ski runs. Falling over is the exception rather than the rule and you are keen to learn and improve.
* Your fitness: You are in good condition (you practice sports twice a week).
- Average difference in height: 1700 feet a day.
- Pace: Ascent of 800 feet to 1000 feet per hour.
- During this week-end, your mountain guide or ski instructor will learn you the main techniques and tricks used in ski mountaineering:
- How to keep an economical pace, drink and eat steadily
- How to open up the route
- How to use for the best the specific equipment of ski mountaineering
- How to improve your skiing downhill technique
- How to take one's bearings.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Europe France Outdoor: Mountain Ranger Skiing & Snowboarding Ecotourism
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend