Day 1: Arrival at Addis Ababa. Arrive Addis Ababa and meet one of our representatives in the Airport and transfer to your hotel. Overnight Ghion Hotel.
Day 2: Gondar Castles and Churches. Fly to Gondar (lies at 2,200 m. above sea level) which was the imperial capital from the 17th to the mid-19th century. Visitors come to see the Imperial Compound, with the enchanting "Fasalidas" castles, the bath of King Fasilides and the Debre Birhan Selassie church. Overnight Goha Hotel.
Day 3: Sankaber 3230m. Drive to Sankaber 3230masl through a beautiful scenery and the villages of Falasha (Ethiopian Jews). Overnight Camping at Sankaber.
Day 4: Geech. Early in the morning start trek to Geech 3600masl through the magnificent semien plugs and the pillars of the majestic mountain seeing the semi afro alpine vegetations, heather, thistle globe, Rosa Abyssinica and more. The trek will take 5-7 hrs with plenty stop over to picture to see the endemic birds of Ethiopia. Overnight Geech camping.
Day 5: Emet Gogo and Kedadit. Early in the morning trek to mount Emet Gogo3930masl and to the breathtaking view of mount Kedadit 3760masl where you will see some of the the rare endemic mammals – Red fox and afro alpine vegetations like giant lobelia, Rosa Abyssinica, Red hot poker and more. The trek will take 7-9 hrs Overnight Geech camping.
Day 6: Chenek. After breakfast trek to Chenek 3600masl through bushes, falls, dawn streams and the pillars of mountains this will take 6-8hrs to the camping site. In the after noon walk around the camping area where we see the endemic Walia Ibex and Chilada baboon and birds like thick billed raven, lammergeyers, Abyssinian horn bill flanking in the semien mountain sky. Overnight camping in Chenek.
Day 7: Hambiqo. In the morning start trek to Hambiqo 3000masl through the different plant species. Overnight Hambiqo Camping.
Day 8: Ras Dashin. In the morning trek to Ras Dashin the highest peak in Ethiopia and fourth in Africa through the smells of Afro alpine vegetation, particularly Giant Lobelia. On the way we will have the chance to see the rare Ethiopian Wolf (Red fox) fighting with vultures. Overnight Camping.
Day 9: Chenek. After breakfast trek back to Chenek and walk around in the camping site in the evening. Overnight camping in Chenek.
Day 10: Gondar. Trek to Adiarkay and meet the vehicle there and drive to Gondar—free afternoon. Overnight Goha Hotel.
Day 11: Addis Ababa. Fly to Addis Ababa and in the evening you will have a traditional Ethiopian dinner and dance at the renowned restaurant of Addis Ababa and transfer to the Airport for your final departure to home.
- Size: 179 square kilometer
- Region: Gonder
- Geographical location: 760 kilometer north of Addis Ababa, via Bahir Dar, Gonder
- Altitude: 1,900-4,430 meter
- Physical features: Spectacular scenery, gorges and escarpments. The region includes many summits above 4,000 meters (13,000 feet), and culminates in the highest point in Ethiopia, Ras Dashen, which at 4,543 meters (14,901 feet), is also the fourth highest mountain in Africa
- Temperature: The temperature regularly falls below freezing at night. Daytime temperature range from 11.50C to 180C (53 to 640F)
- Vegetation: Afro-alpine, montane Savannah, heather
- Animal life: Walia ibex (Endemic), semien fox(Endemic), gelada baboon(endemic), grey duiker and klipspringer are among the twenty-one species (three endemics) to be found in the park
- Bird life: Lammergeyers and choughs are present among the sixty-three species of birds here, which include seven endemics, thick-billed raven, , spot-breasted plover, and white-backed black tit.
Also see tour packages in:
Africa Ethiopia Outdoor: Land Rambler Hiking & Trekking Wildlife Viewing