Day 1: Meeting in Arusha, by your hotel, in the evening. Night by your hotel. If you choose to fly directly to Arusha-Kilimanjaro Airport (JRO), our price includes the free shuttle from airport to hotel in the evening (shuttle leaving airport around 9:00 p.m., after the arrival of KLM Royal Dutch Airlines flight coming from Amsterdam).
Day 2: Transfer to Serengeti. Safari. Breakfast by your hotel. You leave the hotel in a private Land-Rover, and after 6 hours driving on roads and dirt tracks, you reach Serengeti. During this transfer, first encounters with wild animals. Installation in your camping place. By mid-afternoon, first safari in Serengeti National Park. Night by your tent.
Classified as one of the main sites of the World Heritage by the UNESCO, Serengeti is the largest National Park of Tanzania (5700 square miles), the oldest (created in 1951), and with good reason the most famous of Eastern Africa. His name comes from Masaï dialect, meaning "endless plains". Serengeti savannahs, forests and immense plains, crisscrossed by many rivers with very fertile banks, accommodate the largest herds of herbivores of our planet: 15 million gnus, 400000 zebras, 200000 Thomson gazelles, which yearly migrations to water holes, followed by their predators, offer one of the most impressive scene of the world. Serengeti also accommodate immense herds of buffaloes, elephants and giraffes, bubals, impalas and Grant gazelles, hippos. Predators, drawn by these millions of herbivores, find there a perfect hunting land: lions (about 3000 in the park), leopards, cheetahs, spotted hyenas, and smaller predators like servals, are the lords of Savannah and acacias woods.
Day 3: Safari in Serengeti National Park. The safari you make there in special sun roofs Land-Rovers, one of the most beautiful one can make in Africa, brings you as close as possible of the animals, deep in steppes and savannas. Whole day safari. Night by your tent.
Day 4: Morning safari in Serengeti National Park, transfer to N'Gorongoro crater, optional visit of a Masaï village. In the morning, last safari in Serengeti National Park. Picnic, and then transfer (2 hours and a half drive) to N'Gorongoro conservation area (N'Gorongoro crater). The Tanzanian team will propose you to visit a authentic Masaï village with dances and songs (price around 15 USD per person to be paid to the village chief), or to relax by your tent. Night by your tent.
Day 5: Safari in N'Gorongoro crater.Whole day safari. Night by your tent. Classified as one of the main sites of the World Heritage by the UNESCO, with a surface of 60 square miles and edges rising between 1000 and 2000 feet above the crater, N'Gorongoro crater, paradise for keen photographers, is a real Noah's ark. Its vast plains, strewn with volcanic domes, small craters and tropical forests, accommodate the main animal species of Eastern Africa - lions, elephants, rhinos, buffaloes, cheetahs, zebras, gazelles, gnus, hyenas, jackals - in all about 30000 animals according to the Park Rangers counting. The safari you will make there in special sun roofs Land-Rovers, one of the most beautiful one can make in Africa, will bring you as close as possible of the animals, deep in steppes and savannas.
N'Gorongoro as one main asset: the abundance of pools permits to the animal life to stay in the crater all year long, without suffering excessively from the dry season. Thus, unlike most parts of Serengeti National Park which are depopulated, from June to October, due to the migration of gnus, zebras, gazelles and their predators, N'Gorongoro keeps its animal life all year long.
Day 6: Transfer to Lake Manyara. Lake Manyara Safari. After breakfast, transfer in your private Land-Rover to Lake Manyara National Park (2 hours journey). Before picnic, you move into your camping place. In the beginning of the afternoon, you enter the Park for a half a day Safari. Manyara National Park is a real ornithological paradise. During your Safari in special sun roofs Land-Rovers, you can observe pink flamingos and many species of lakeside birds, but also the surprising spectacle of lionesses sleeping high in the trees, not far from blue monkeys. In the end of the afternoon, back to the camping site. Night by your tent.
Manyara National Park is a real ornithological paradise. During your Safari in special sun roofs Land-Rovers, you will observe pink flamingos and many species of lakeside birds, but also the surprising spectacle of lionesses sleeping high in the trees, not far from blue monkeys. The very varied vegetation of the Park - swamps strewn with reeds, Rift's valley steppes and hills covered with thorn bushes, clearings and their acacias - also accommodate many giraffes, elephants, buffaloes, zebras and hippos. These are opportunities for very impressive encounters during the Safari.
Day 7: Transfer to Tarangire National Park, safari, transfer to Arusha. In the early morning, short transfer (one hour drive) to Tarangire National Park. Half a day Safari in special sun roofs Land-Rovers. Tarangire National Park is famous for the beauty of its baobabs trees. By mid-afternoon, transfer (2 hours drive) to Arusha. Night by your hotel.
Tarangire National Park is considered as a arid haven for migrants, with more than 3000 elephants living in the Park with buffaloes, hartebeests, wilde-beests, plain zebras, gazelles, elands, oryxes during the dry season, from June to November, coming down to drink by the banks of Tarangire river. All these animals drift out of the Park from November to June, unlike giraffes, Kirk's dik-diks, warthogs, kudus, impalas, water bucks, who are resident all year long just like 450 species of birds, including 49 raptor species. Tarangire National Park is also famous for the beauty of its baobabs trees.
Day 8: Arusha. Breakfast at the hotel, spare time to visit Arusha. Separation in the afternoon. If you fly in the evening from Arusha-Kilimanjaro airport (JRO), our price includes the free shuttle from hotel to airport in the afternoon (shuttle leaving hotel by 5:30 p.m. in order to catch KLM Royal Dutch Airlines evening flight going to Daar Es Salaam and Amsterdam).
- High quality services during safaris:
* During Watching Wildlife Safaris, each off-road vehicle is driven by a professional Tanzanian guide, expert in Parks' animal life and flora, graduated of the College of African Wildlife of Mweka, Tanzania.
* We only use Toyota and Land-Rover sun roof four-wheel drive off-road vehicles, which allow us to come closer to animals on river banks or near pools, going up and down through steep slopes and mud. This is not possible for local agencies who use 2 wheel drive cars or mini buses, and have to stay on flat and dry trails, far from a lot of animals.
* The perfect maintenance of our Toyota and Land-Rover off-road vehicles allows us to drive quickly on asphalted roads, from Arusha to Parks and between the Parks, gaining time for the Safaris. In the same time, many tourists get swindled by a few local agencies who crowd them together in old four-wheel drive off-road vehicles running out of steam, moving at a maximum speed of 30 miles per hour on perfectly flat asphalted roads.
* The tents used for Safari are "Bow Tents". Spacious (you can stand upright in a Bow tent) and equipped with two comfortable camp beds with mosquito nets, they resist to the short but heavy rains which may fall in the evening.
* Your private cook will follow you from camps to camps. He will prepare and serve breakfast, 5 o'clock tea, and dinner. Lunch is a cold picnic to be eaten in the picnic places built by the Rangers in the Parks.
- Your guides: One French Mountain Guide - qualified worldwide as IFMGA Mountain Guide, and speaking fluently English with a near-native comprehension - and two professional Tanzanian Guides, skilled in Parks' animal life and flora, for 8 to 12 travelers.
- Reduction for early registration: If you register to this program by more than 10 months before the departure date, you will get a 3 per cent reduction on the price of the tour (not valid for private groups).
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Africa Tanzania Nature & Wildlife Wildlife Viewing National Parks
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend