1. Multi-coloured fields with various crops
2. Peniche and Baleal Peninsulas
3. Amazing rocks cut by the sea and the wind
4. Amazing bike paths along the lagoon
5. The half-moon-shaped bay in S. Martinho do Porto
6. Óbidos castle and its high medieval walls
7. Nazaré - the most typical beach in Portugal
8. The tasty fresh fish of the Silver Coast
9. Óbidos – the most preserved medieval town in Portugal
10. Narrow streets and charming houses decorated with flowers
- Class: Landscape Tour
- Region of Portugal: North of Lisbon (coast)
- Duration: 7 days/ 6 night / 3 days cycling/ 1 day walking/ 1 day rest
- Begin: Peniche – a small fishing town
- End: Nazare - the most typical beach in Portugal
- Overall difficulty level: Beginnners. You are not in good shape
- Distance: 96km (60mi)
- Average: 24km/day (15mi/day)
- Trails: 84% asphalt – 16% dirt-roads.
This Portugal Tour begins in Peniche, a place of fishing traditions. You will ride towards Cape Carvoeiro admiring a beautiful scenery along the sea. Here the wind and the sea work together making the most interesting shapes on the rocks.
One of the highlights of this tour is the Medieval Town of Óbidos. Originally a Roman village, it was taken from the Moors in 1148. Its castle is classified as a national monument and it is a perfect example of a medieval fortress. This is a “village-museum”, perfectly preserved and walled by its high walls which perpetuate its medieval character.
You will ride along the sea admiring the beautiful view and you will ride along agrarian fields with different crops and different colours.
On the last day you will ride towards the coast to Nazaré, the most typical beach in Portugal. This is a place full of old traditions and today we can still see fishermen drying fish under the sun as they did in the past. This is also a wonderful place to refresh ourselves in the blue waters or take a walk along the golden sand
Day 1: Arrival – Welcome at Lisbon airport. 1H00 drive to Peniche, briefing about the tour followed by dinner. Lodging in 4* hotel located in a ravishing green exterior space overlooking the beautiful blue Atlantic Ocean.
Day 2: Peniche Peninsula – 16km (10mi), 120m ascent, level 1.
After breakfast we ride along the fishing peninsula of Peniche, where the wind and the sea have shaped the rocks along the centuries: this is unique in Portugal. Dinner with the group. Lodging in a 3* Hotel recently renovated.
Day 3: Towards the Medieval Village – 37km (23mi), 410m ascent, level 2.
After breakfast we ride to the beautiful two-sided beach in Baleal (north side and south side) and we continue as far as Óbidos following amazing bike paths along Óbidos lagoon. Picnic on the way. Lodging in a charming 4* hotel whose building is dated from the 14th century.
Day 4: Óbidos - the Medieval Village. FREE day. After breakfast visit to the medieval town of Óbidos. This is the most well preserved medieval village in Portugal. …It’s a charm! Lodging in a charming 4* hotel whose building is dated from the 14th century.
Day 5: The Silver Coast – 29km (18mi), 400m ascent, level 2.
After breakfast we ride round the other side of Óbidos Lagoon in a paradisiacal environment. Picnic on the way. Dinner with the group. Lodging in a charming small 4* hotel which was once a family house and where glamour and elegance are allied to the comfort.
Day 6: Towards the most typical beach in Portugal – 14km (9mi), 240m ascent, level 1.
After breakfast we ride towards Nazaré, the most typical beach in Portugal. Dinner with the group. Lodging in a 4* hotel decorated with maritime elements and it is characterized by a fresh and relaxing design.
Day 7: Departure – After breakfast transfer to Lisbon airport. 1H30 drive to airport.
The price includes:
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Europe Portugal Outdoor: Land Rambler Bicycle Touring Cultural Journey
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend