- Discover the ancient culture of the Aymaras
- Learn how the Aymaras live in the city
- Buy handicrafts created with age old techniques
- Explore a city full of surprises through its people and topography.
Which one is the pre-Columbian civilization that survived 3 millenniums, adapting to the difficult clime of the high-plateau and whose scientific knowledge, socio-political organization and artistic creations influenced the surrounding villages until they obtained a complete domain of up to 600 thousand Km2? Tiwanaku, the culture cradle of the Andes.
- Tiwanaku and the Valley of the Moon. Explore the pre-Inka ruins of Tiwanaku and its museums. In the afternoon, visit the Valley of the Moon.
Houses cling to the hills, defying gravity and the cholitas (native women) with their colorful, typical clothing enliven the city. La Paz is surrounded by forested hills and crowned by the majestic Mount Illimani (6,400 m) A diversity of trails and attractions awaits you.
- City Tour. Includes visits to museums, open markets, and interesting corners of the city. Visit the Valley of the Moon, with its strange formations made by erosion and wind.
- City Tour by night. (3 hours) Folkloric show with dinner, folk dances and typical music.
- Chacaltaya. Visit the highest ski slope in the world (5,480 m) for an extraordinary view of the Cordillera Real (Royal Mountain Range). In the afternoon, visit the Valley of the Moon.
Also see tour packages in:
South America Bolivia Local Culture Cultural Journey Archeology/History