- Explore and interpret the tropical rainforest
- Discover the wildlife in it's habitat
- Support a indigenous community
- Explore trails that cross varied forest habitats
- Canoe trips.
Tour Itinerary (Rurrenabaque Tour (Package) - Chalalan Lodge):
Day 1: Fly in the morning to Rurrenabaque. A day to rest and acclimatize to the low lands.
Day 2: Travel by canoe along the Beni River past the spectacular Bala Canyon. Follow the Tuichi River to the lodge on the shores of the Chalalan Lagoon. This is a beautiful setting and home to monkeys, turtles, and more than 340 species of birds such as parabas, guagmayos, toucans and humming birds.
Day 3: Hike through the jungle to learn about the flora of the area. Guides will share with you their knowledge of medicinal plants and how some plants are used by the artisans. At night you can observe the nocturnal life of the jungle and the lagoons and watch for the shiny eyes of the crocodiles.
Day 4: Early return to Rurrenabaque to catch the flight to La Paz, or join a tour to the grasslands (Pampas).
- Madidi National Park (MNP): Located in the northwest of Bolivia, this park protects a full array of tropical ecosystems. From the high Andes to the Amazon basin, Madidi's vast wilderness of 4,500,000 acres encompasses unparalleled biological diversity, ranging from mountain cloud forest to dry tropical forest, humid lowland rainforest to Savannah, wild rivers to lakes.
- Chalalan Ecolodge: Chalalan is the first international quality eco-lodge fully Owned and Operated by an indigenous community, crafted with the eco-tourist in mind, offering comfortable accommodation in pristine tropical rainforest. The eco-lodge sits on the edge of the natural and majestic Chalalan lake, deep in the Bolivian Amazon.
- The Ideal Concept of Ecotourism: In Chalalan we strive to offer you a unique, top-quality rainforest experience that will benefit San José de Uchupiamonas, our community and protect Madidi National Park, our home.
Also see tour packages in:
South America Bolivia Nature & Wildlife National Parks Rainforest