- Yingde, the black tea and gardening rock country
- Jiulong, the little Guilin in Guangdong for its astonishing Karst hill formation
- Kahat villages around hilly Yangshan
- Lian Nan, the home of colorful Yao ethnic
- Huangyao, the film making village for Printed Veil
- Yangshuo, the world famous spot, on the Li River
- Massive rice terrace in Pingan village, where ethnics Zhuang, Yao and Hmong have been living for centuries.
Escape from the most industrialized part of China into the rural heartlands in the southern China’s Guangdong and Guangxi provinces. Ride the emission free secondary roads and gourmet the native cuisines. Discover the village life in the vast Karst hill country, meeting with colorful ethnic people.
- Climate: The best weather for touring is in the spring, fall and winter
- Terrain: rolling and mountainous
- Cycling tour level: moderate to challenging
- Total cycling distance: Approximately 560 miles (900 km)
- Average distance per travel day: 45 miles (72 km).
Day 1: Arrive in Hongkong airport, transfer from Hongkong to Humen by ferry, departs at 1815 or 1910, 70 minutes ride. Humen battery battled the British Navy twice in 19th century. Stay in a 3 star hotel.
Day 2: Motor transfer 2.5 hours to the north by express way from Humen to Qingtang. Start cycling to Yingde via Overseas Chinese Farm, which was set up for the returned Chinese in 1960s, on a back road for 60km. The industrialized Pearl River Delta and extensive express way network are left behind. Yingde is famous for the gardening rock reserve and the black tea production, which are all valued as one of the top 4 in China. Overnight at a luxury hot spring resort where is next to China Women Football Team’s winter camp.
Day 3: Cycle 78km to Jiulong village, the little Guilin, located in the hilly northwestern Guangdong, famed for its Karst formation. Stay in a local guesthouse, basic accommodation with built-in toilet and shower.
Day 4: Cycle 75km to Yangshan, we will have chance to see the backward side of the richest province in China. We have to walk our bikes through some parts of a dirt trail on the mountain. Stay in a 3 star hotel in Yangshan.
Day 5: Cycle 102km to Lian Nan, cross over the hilly Yao ethnic country. Stay in a 3 star hotel in Lian Nan.
Day 6: Today, we cross border into the neighboring Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region. The total distance is 134km, we will get transported to the pass on the mountain from where we cycle half way to Hezhou. Stay in a 3 star hotel in Hezhou.
Day 7: Oct 12th Cycle 81km to the hidden Huangyao village, in the middle of the rural kingdom, where is the place the film Printed Veil made. Stay in a local guesthouse, basic accommodation with built-in toilet and shower.
Day 8: Tour Huangyao village in the morning. Then cycle out Huangyao to Zhaoping, a typical small town by the highway. Cycling distance is 80KM in total, mostly following a stream. Stay in a 2-star hotel in Zhaoping.
Day 9: Motor transfer over the construction site on the road, cycle via national high way 321 to Lipu. Cycle distance is 60KM. Stay in a Stay in a local guesthouse, basic accommodation with built-in toilet and shower.
Day 10: Cycle 45km to Yangshuo, located at the heart of Karst country, on the Li River. En route, we will stop over to explore the Moon Hill. Stay in a 4-star hotel in Yangshuo.
Day 11: Cycle 32km to Xingping, bamboo rafting on Li River. Overnight at Xingping. Stay in a local guesthouse, basic accommodation with built-in toilet and shower.
Day 12: Cycle 60km on the back road to Guilin. Stay in a 4-star hotel in Guilin.
Day 13: Cycle to Longji Rice Terrace for 90km. Overnight at Pingan village. Stay in a local guesthouse, basic accommodation with built-in toilet and shower.
Day 14: Hike the rice terrace country, transported back to Guilin in the afternoon. Stay in a 4-star hotel in Guilin.
Day 15: Fly out. Tour type: Self-supported - riders carry their own luggage. Transport will be provided for riders and gear on some sections indicated in above itinerary. (Note: This tour is also available with a dedicated support vehicle at a higher cost.)
- Cycling may be supplemented on occasion with vehicle transport when necessary to reach the next destination before dark or to avoid cycling on long stretches of unpaved road.
- Prices are for double occupancy rooms, and will vary depending on the number of people who participate. This tour is limited to no more than eight people. This will permit more flexibility in the program and allow more spontaneity for taking photos or exploring villages along the way.
- This will be a self-supported ride. This means that riders will carry their own luggage. If you decide to do something on your own, you will be responsible for those costs.
- All hotel accommodations
- Meals eaten as group (private meals, snacks and alcoholic beverages are not included)
- All group transportation costs (buses, boats, and taxis) including from the Humen fery and to the Guilin airport.
- All group entrance fees
- Transport of gear and cyclists when necessary. Riders carry their own luggage.
- Bilingual bike tour guide to accompany the group throughout the tour
- Bicycle rental is available on request.
Prices depend on the total number of people going on the tour and the time of year:
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Asia Hong Kong China Outdoor: Land Rambler Bicycle Touring Cultural Journey
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend