This is Africa for the true connoisseur. This is Africa as many tourist and travellers believe Africa should be yet many do not see. Seldom visited and remote National Parks, villages and towns of the African people. Rivers and plains to cross.
This safari is a combination of bush camps and formal campsites in National Parks, private concession and communal areas.
The safari will include:
- Kafue River and National Park, south
- Kafue National Park north
- Liuwa Plains National Park
- Ngonye Falls.
- Livingstone and Victoria Falls.
This is a 13 day safari, commencing in Lusaka, capital of Zambia and ending in Livingstone.
Day by day activity:
Day 1: This safari starts in Lusaka, capital of Zambia. Dept in specially adapted bush vehicles and, head west out of the capital to camp at a Lodge on the banks of the Kafue river. Optional evening sunset cruise or game drive in open vehicles into the National Park are available.
Days 2-3: Explore the southern part of Kafue National Park Game Management Area which is one of the best known reserves in Africa of roan antelope, sable and Lichtensteins hartebeest, as well as eland and wildebeest. Elephant can also be seen here.
Days 4-5: Crossing the main road that bisects the Park, head into the northern sector and camp for two nights again beside the Kafue River. Take a days break and explore the area, well known for its cape hunting dog and lion sightings. This area is well known for its sightings of leopard, the most elusive of the African big cats.
Day 6: Leaving Kafue Park, travel west to Mongu, capital of the Barotse Kingdom. (In March or April, spend two nights here to enjoy the spectacle of the Kuomboka ceremony, as the Lozi king moves his palace to higher ground).
Days 7-9: Visit the remote Liuwa Plains National Park, and dependent on the time of year(October and November), witness the herd migrations. Bush camp for three nights and visit the small country towns of Kalabo.
Days 10-11: Stop over to again bush camp near and site see the Ngonye Falls. Crossing the Zambezi River by pontoon, head for Livingstone and Victoria Falls.
Days 12-13: Stay at a campsite on the banks of the Zambezi River. Visit Mosi-oa-Tunya, the Smoke that Thunders, the mighty Victoria Falls on both sides of the bridge. Also visit Livingstones markets for last minute ethnic shopping. If time allows, a visit to the National Park, where white rhino can be seen followed by a last evenings sundowner cruise on the Zambezi River, to watch the glorious African sun set.
Day 14: Safari ends, dept Livingstone.
A word about this safari.
This is a semi-participation safari where a crew will accompany you to cook and serve all meals. Clients are expected to assist with erecting and taking down their own tents.
Price: The price of the above safari itinerary is Euro 2,795 per person for 13 days for a minimum of four people.
- all transport as indicated above, in special bush vehicles.
- full time services of experienced driver/guide
- use of camping equipment and sleeping gear, excluding sleeping bags.
- food and beverages with three meals per day
- daily game drives as specified in the itinerary
- camping and entry fees to National Parks and concession areas.
- airfares and transportation to and from start and end points
- sleeping bags
- visas and other governmental levies
- medical,health, loss and evacuation insurance
- additional activities not specifically included or mentioned as optional
- extras (eg laundry in lodges)
- bar bills and alcoholic beverages in lodges
- gratuities and tips.
Price: The price of the safari itinerary is Euro 2,795 per person for 13 days for a minimum of four people.
Also see tour packages in:
Africa Zambia Nature & Wildlife Wildlife Viewing Cultural Journey