* Discover an “untrodden”, pristine, and non touristy area situated between Ronda and the Costa del Sol
* Enjoy stunning walks, in small friendly groups, at your own pace, on quiet paths, among incredibly diverse scenery ranging from sweet chestnut forests to dramatic limestone outcrops
* Visit historical Ronda and nearby “Pueblos blancos”, small white villages nestled in the Alto Genal mountains
* There are also other activities on offer such as Reiki, sport massage, natural facelifting massage, etc.
* Enjoy delicious Spanish cuisine and traditional Andalucian meals in typical local restaurants with prices to suit all budgets
* Relax and unwind totally in Hotel Molino del Puente, a charming boutique hotel situated just outside Ronda.
Day 1: Airport transfer and welcome drink.
Day 2: Caminos de los Pueblos blancos - Walk to Moorish Parauta via Cartajima, the highest white village in the Genal Valley, through Oak and Sweet Chestnut woodland and across two tributaries of the Genal river. Visit of Parauta if you wish and lunch in one of its typical Andalucian restaurants. After lunch, possibility of walking to Igualeja, the largest Pueblo blanco in the valley and source of the river Genal, amongst Sweet Chestnut woodland. Return to the hotel. Distance: 14 km / 9 miles Ascent: 350m Descent: 400m
Day 3: Walk to the beautiful white village of Alpandeire along Los Riscos, dramatic limestone rocky outcrops, with "eras" (old threshing circles) and fantastic views over the Genal Valley and Morocco on clear days. We will walk up a track which plateaus after ¾ of an hour and we will follow remains of an ancient Moorish cobbled footpath down to Alpandeire caracterised by its very impressive cathedral sized church. Enjoy Andalucian gourmet cuisine in the restaurant La Casa Grande. After lunch, possibility of continuing to Atajate, the smallest white village in Malaga Province, amongst Cork Oak woodland and ancient Olive groves, following in part remains of a cobbled Moorish footpath. Return to the Hotel. Distance: 13 km / 8 miles Ascent: 300m Descent: 350m
Day 4: Sightseeing day in historical Ronda. Visit Ronda and its numerous architectural wonders including the famous New Bridge and Tajo gorge with its breathtaking views. Shopping opportunity too! Lunch in Ronda in one of its typical tapas restaurants.
Day 5: Riverside walk from Estación de Benaoján to Estación de Jimera de Libar, along the river Guadiaro with gorgeous views over the Sierra Blanquilla (mountain range part of Grazalema National Park). Lunch in the Bar Allioli of Estación de Jimera de Libar. Distance: 71/2 km / 4 miles Ascent: 200m Descent: 200m
Day 6: Round walk in the Biosphere Reserve of la Sierra de las Nieves. Steep climb through the indigenous Pinsapo woodland but stunning rewarding views once at the top of Los Puertos de los Pilones over the Genal valley, Ronda, Costa del Sol, Gibraltar and Morocco on clear days. Packed lunch while enjoying superb views. After lunch we will meander on an easy wide path down to our starting point, with a chance to see Vultures. If everyone is interested, we will go and see the impressive Pinsapo de las Escalateras, a 26 meters high Spanish Fir, situated close by. Distance: 8kms / 5 miles Ascent: 400m Descent: 400m
Day 7: Airport transfer.
Walking holiday prices are per person:
Also see tour packages in:
Europe Spain Sweet Harmony Women Tours Walking Tours
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend