Designed to encompass all skill levels, at a pace suitable for novice paddlers. All novice paddlers must travel in tandem kayaks.
Dates: August 6-11
* Tour Itinerary:
Day 1: At Voyageurs' Lodge (9:00 am) we review safety procedures, practice on-water rescues, then load the van for a scenic one hour drive to our put-in at Coldwater Creek on Agawa Bay. Then paddle north to Baldhead River to view the falls and go for a swim in the deep pools. We continue to Beaty Cove to set up camp.
Day 2-3: Beaty Cove to Warp Bay. We have lunch at Rhyolite Cove, formed from a unique red volcanic rock, then continue past the spectacular cliff face on Devil's Warehouse Island to our camp at Warp Bay where we will spend the extra day exploring the neighbouring islands.
Day 4: We paddle through the lava flows of Gargantua, past Devil's Chair, to the protected Chalifant Cove and continue on to our campsite at Redrock River. Probably the mosst remote site in the park and a spectacular beach well over a kilometer long.
Day 5: Redrock River to Till Creek falls and then to Brule Hrbr. After a morning hike to the falls we paddle past the cliffs of Old Woman Bay, one of the most spectacular cliffs on Lake Superior. We continue on to Brule Harbour to set up camp.
Day 6: Brule Hrbr to Old Woman Bay by 1:00 p.m. where we will be shuttled to Voyageurs' Lodge by 5:00 p.m., to end our guided sea kayak adventure trip in northern Ontario.
* Equipment and Services Supplied by the Owner:
- Kayak and Accessories: Single person kayaks (Necky), and doubles (Current Designs Libra XT). Paddlers will be expected to trade-off singles for doubles throughout the trip. Each kayak comes with: sponge, paddle and spare, boat pump, whistle, spray skirt, poggies or neoprene gloves, personal flotation device (lifejacket). Wet suits are provided where water temperature falls below 55 degrees Fahrenheit. Please indicate your lifejacket size and wet suit size when you send deposit or trip balance.
- Camping Equipment: One tent for each couple or individual, thermarest, camp grill, coffee pot, water purifier, 19 ft. shelter tarp, camp saw, cook stoves, fuel, camp cookery, dishes, two large dry bags for your sleeping bag and bulky clothing, and smaller dry bags as required.
- Safety Equipment: First aid kit, marine radio, compass, tow line.
- Basic Training: includes: packing the kayak, paddle strokes, wet exit and T-rescue.
- Experienced Guide: One guide per six clients. Your guides are experienced sea kayakers with training from the B.C.U. (British Canoe Union), C.P.R. and Wilderness First Aid. As well, your guides are experienced outdoors people who will help identify and interpret the flora, fauna and geology around you.
- Vehicle Shuttle, Permits: transportation back to trip departure point (Voyageurs' Lodge). Back-country permits are included.
- Meals: Meals are provided with the exception of breakfast and lunch on the first day of the tour. Please notify us of dietary restrictions.
includes taxes, guides, permits, transportation, camping equipment, meals
Also see tour packages in:
Canada Ontario Outdoor: Water Drifter Canoeing/Kayaking/Rafting
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
US: , ext: 14510
Outside US, please use a number below and enter the extension "14510" when prompted:
UK: 01865 52 2588
Australia: 08 8121 5884
Note: If unavailable, leave a voicemail for the supplier to call you back.