The level of our Spanish walks is gentle. Our guided walks are up to 8/9 miles and follow mainly bridleways with relatively easy gradients to a maximum height gain of 600m, and range from 1 to 5 hours. Walking in small groups means that our walks can be tailored to suit all needs.
The pace of our Spanish walks is very easy going and we take the time to take it all in, enjoy the amazing flora and fauna, take photos and visit the quaint small white villages we walk to, which are nestled in the pristine mountains 20 km south of Ronda.
It is much more than just a walking holiday! You can visit nearby sights of interest such as historical Ronda, enjoy other activities, or simply relax.
- Other activities
* Indian Head Massage - releases the stress that has accumulated in the tissues, muscles and joints of the head, face, neck and shoulders.
* Natural face-lifting massage - lifts, tones & highly relaxing. Also including neck, shoulders and head massage.
* Reiki - highly relaxing natural healing technique based on Universal Life Force, channelled through the practitioner's hands.
* Pamper yourself with Esalen or Californian massages:
Muscle tension relief massage
Cellulite removal massage
The Esalen or californian massage combines oriental techniques, such as shiatsu and ayurveda, as well as reflexology. It has been designed in order to remove stress, resolve muscle problems and help to unite body and mind.
* Swimming pool - unwind and relax fully by the lovely swimming pool of the hotel in summer months.
* Bird watching - sit back and enjoy the ride. Enjoy the expertise of Peter Jones of Ornironda, who will drive you to where the birds are (2 persons minimum). Normal tour time: 10 am to 4 pm.
* Paragliding - soar with the majestic Griffon Vultures. Baz and Sam of Andalucian Experience offer tandem flights all year round except in July and August.
The walking holiday prices are per person:
* Half board - double occupancy: 752 € (approx 925 USD)
* Half board - single occupancy: 897 € (approx 1,103 USD)
Day 1: Airport transfer and welcome drink.
Day 2: Caminos de los Pueblos blancos - Walk to Moorish Parauta via Cartajima, the highest white village in the Genal Valley, through Oak and Sweet Chestnut woodland and across two tributaries of the Genal river. Visit of Parauta if you wish and lunch in one of its typical Andalucian restaurants. After lunch, possibility of walking to Igualeja, the largest Pueblo blanco in the valley and source of the river Genal, amongst Sweet Chestnut woodland. Return to the hotel. Distance: 14 km / 9 miles Ascent: 350m Descent: 400m
Day 3: Walk to the beautiful white village of Alpandeire along Los Riscos, dramatic limestone rocky outcrops, with "eras" (old threshing circles) and fantastic views over the Genal Valley and Morocco on clear days. We will walk up a track which plateaus after ¾ of an hour and we will follow remains of an ancient Moorish cobbled footpath down to Alpandeire caracterised by its very impressive cathedral sized church. Enjoy Andalucian gourmet cuisine in the restaurant La Casa Grande. After lunch, possibility of continuing to Atajate, the smallest white village in Malaga Province, amongst Cork Oak woodland and ancient Olive groves, following in part remains of a cobbled Moorish footpath. Return to the Hotel. Distance: 13 km / 8 miles Ascent: 300m Descent: 350m
Day 4: Sightseeing day in historical Ronda. Visit Ronda and its numerous architectural wonders including the famous New Bridge and Tajo gorge with its breathtaking views. Shopping opportunity too! Lunch in Ronda in one of its typical tapas restaurants.
Day 5: Riverside walk from Estación de Benaoján to Estación de Jimera de Libar, along the river Guadiaro with gorgeous views over the Sierra Blanquilla (mountain range part of Grazalema National Park). Lunch in the Bar Allioli of Estación de Jimera de Libar. Distance: 71/2 km / 4 miles Ascent: 200m Descent: 200m
Day 6: Round walk in the Biosphere Reserve of la Sierra de las Nieves. Steep climb through the indigenous Pinsapo woodland but stunning rewarding views once at the top of Los Puertos de los Pilones over the Genal valley, Ronda, Costa del Sol, Gibraltar and Morocco on clear days. Packed lunch while enjoying superb views. After lunch we will meander on an easy wide path down to our starting point, with a chance to see Vultures. If everyone is interested, we will go and see the impressive Pinsapo de las Escalateras, a 26 meters high Spanish Fir, situated close by. Distance: 8kms / 5 miles Ascent: 400m Descent: 400m
Day 7: Airport transfer.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Europe Spain Outdoor: Land Rambler Walking Tours Multi-activity
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend