- Goritsy. You will visit one of the oldest and most famous monasteries in Russia – the Monastery of St. Cyril of the White Lake. Dating back to the 14th century, it is a home to a the most exquisite icon collection in the world.
- Kizhi. Enjoy the magnificent Northern Russian nature and scenery while cruising trough Lake Onega, the second largest lake in Europe. Arrival and an island highlights tour of Kizhi island including visit to the Museum of Wooden Architecture with a beautiful ensemble of wooden churches, chapels and houses. It is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Russia and a UNESCO. The most impressive thing about these structures is that they were erected without any nails or other metal ties. Return to the ship, departure, dinner on board entertainment.
- Moscow. The capital of Russia since the late 15th century, Moscow has always been a popular destination for more adventurous tourists. During your stay, you will have an opportunity to see city’s world renown attractions that include the UNESCO World Heritage sites of the Kremlin, St. Basils Cathedral and the Church of the Ascension at Kolomenskoye, all dating from between the 14th and 17th centuries. The options for sightseeing, the local guides will offer you in Moscow, include Red Square; the Tretyakov Gallery; the National Museum of Russian Fine Art; the Moscow Metro; and a tour of the Armoury with its spectacular and priceless collection of royal jewels, crowns, thrones, and armor of the czars. For groups, an additional optional evening entertainment and tours are available, and you are welcome to take a Moscow by Night city tour, or attend a circus or theater performance.
- St. Petersburg. Extraordinary city of St. Petersburg, founded by Peter the Great in 1703, is the highlight of your Russian River adventure. Your guided tour highlights will include the Nevsky Prospekt, the Admiralty Building, the Royal Square, Peter and Paul Fortress the treasure chest of the world world-famous art – the Hermitage Museum. You are also free to explore this magnificent and romantic city on your own, or purchase optional tours to Pushkin and see beautiful and fascinating Catherine's Palace and visit to the magnificent gardens and spectacular fountains of opulent Peterhof, czars’ Summer Palace located on the coast of the Finland Gulf. Your evening schedule is free, and you are welcome to join the optional Gala Folklore show excursion, or a ballet performance at the Hermitage Theater, once the private theater of the Czars.
- Uglich is one of the oldest Russian towns, and a place of a pilgrimage of Russian Czars. According to a local legend its origin goes back to back to 937. During the guided walking tour you’ll visit the magnificent five domed Transfiguration Cathedral and Church of Czarevich Dmitri on the Blood – build to commemorate the most famous event in the town's history – a mysterious death of the 7-year old Czarevich Dmitri, the last scion of Dimitriy Rurik dynasty. Return to the ship, departure, dinner on board entertainment.
- May 24
- Jun 13
- Jul 3
- Jul 23
- Aug 12
- Sep 1.
Day 1: St. Petersburg. St. Petersburg arrival, embarkation, dinner and overnight.
Day 2: St. Petersburg city tour. Enjoy the extravagant baroque architecture of the city center, Nevsky Prospect, Palace Square and Smolny Convent. This afternoon, visit the many wonders of the elegant Winter Palace, which today houses the Hermitage Museum, one of the largest art and cultural museums in the world. Includes: (L),(D).
Day 3: St. Petersburg. This day in St. Petersburg you may explore on your own. Whatever your interest, our local hosts ease your way by making all arrangements for tours to help you enjoy your stay to the fullest. This evening you leave St. Petersburg for the start of your cruise. Includes: (L), (D).
Day 4: River Village. Enjoy a visit of the local villages.
Day 5: Kizhi. Arrive at the island of Kizhi — an architectural gem within Lake Onega. The island is famous for its wonderful collection of 18th-century wooden buildings, restored to their original state. The highlight of Kizhi is the amazing Church of the Transfiguration, with its 22 onion domes; this magnificent structure was built entirely without a single nail. Includes: (L), (D).
Day 6: Goritsy. Visit Cyrilo-Belozersky Monastery, which has six centuries of glorious history, a home to a the most exquisite icon collection in the world. Includes: (L), (D).
Day 7: Uglich. Take a walking tour of this lovely 10th-century town - one of Russia's most ancient. Visit the Kremlin, with its 16th-century Church of the Transfiguration. Includes: (L), (D).
Day 8: Moscow. Arrival in Moscow. Sightseeing motor coach tour of this ancient Russian capital, including Tverskaya Street, Red Square, St. Basil's Cathedral, Bolshoi Theater and Moscow State University for a panoramic view of the city. Includes: (L), (D).
Day 9: Moscow. Tour of the Kremlin. Originally a fortress, it comprises beautiful cathedrals, ornate palaces and government buildings. Visit the Cathedral of the Assumption. Includes: (L), (D).
Day 10: Moscow. Enjoy free time. Optional tours, theatres and more are available.
Day 11: Moscow. Disembarkation.
Also see tour packages in:
Europe Russia Outdoor: Water Drifter Boating and Sailing Cultural Journey