Nestled in the lap of the Himalayas between India and China, Nepal is indeed a natural wonder. Though small in size, Nepal offers a wide range of diversity (both geographically and ethnically), in flora & fauna, populated by a variety of ethnic groups and spotted with colorful festivals. With the incomparable natural beauty, the warmth and hospitality of the Nepalese people and opportunities to serve the local communities, volunteering in Nepal promises a rewarding experience for IFRE volunteers. Nepal's programs are highly organized and respected, offering opportunities to serve poor children and women in three bustling cities of Nepal: Kathmandu, Pokhara, and Chitwan. IFRE invites volunteers to Nepal - exploring this beautiful Himalayan country, serving children and communities while embarking on this meaningful journey of a lifetime.
- Phase one: Language and Cultural Immersion. In Nepal, IFRE offers one week of language and cultural orientation. However, you can choose to take the Orientation or go directly into a volunteer project. If you decided to participate in one week language and cultural immersion, your program begins with one-week of language classes, cultural immersion, and travel experiences in Kathmandu. Kathmandu, the capital of Nepal, has two faces. One: a fabled capital populated by convivial pilgrims and meticulously-carved rose-brick temples.
And the second: a frenetic sprawl of modern towers, mobbed by beggars and monkeys and smothered in diesel fumes - simultaneously exhuming signs of history and the invading, inevitable wear and tear of the uncompromising modern world. The week-long language and cultural immersion program in Kathmandu is comprised of language integrated into visits to the multitude of tourist wonders of Kathmandu - offering volunteers glimpses into the beauty of the local language, as well as the culture present in the villages and people of Nepal - all prior to the start of volunteering in Nepal.
- Phase two: work in volunteer service projects. Volunteer Nepal work projects and locations. IFRE Nepal volunteer program presently supports local orphanages, health center, local schools, and NGOs working for different social issues. Volunteer projects in Nepal are available in Kathmandu, Chitwan, and Pokhara. Volunteers can work in any of these volunteer projects in Nepal while sharing love, and passion to local kids, women groups, and communities.
Volunteers can help in any of these volunteer projects in Nepal:
- Work in Orphanage (Kathmandu, Chitwan, Pokhara)
- Teaching English (Kathmandu, Chitwan, Pokhara)
- Work in local health project (Kathmandu, Chitwan)
- Teaching Buddhist Monk (Kathmandu)
- Conservation Project (Chitwan)
- Summer volunteer and adventure program Nepal (4 Weeks).
- Nepal volunteer program: arrangement of room/food/supervision. IFRE arranges room, food, and supervision for volunteer from the start to the end of program. During first, week of language and cultural program, volunteers stay in our hostel in Kathmandu . Our hostel in Kathmandu is located in the heart of city giving easy access to volunteer to all part of city. In hostel, we have 2 experienced cooks. Our cooks make Nepali food (very near to Indian foods and include wheat bread, rice, curry, Dal, chapatti, pickle) for you. As a part of language and cultural program, you will stay for 2-3 days in host family where your host will cook food for you.
During volunteering period, volunteers stay in host family. However, volunteer joining the orphanage project will stay with in the orphanage compound. We arrange a separate room and share bath for volunteers both in host family and in the orphanage. You can find the details of the room/food accommodations in the placement sheets. IFRE maintains 2 offices in Kathmandu and Chitwan to supervise and help volunteers. However, volunteers working in Pokhara will stay in touch with Kathmandu office by telephone or email.
- Start Dates: Volunteers program starts on the following (first and third Monday of each month). IFRE Volunteers is proud to offer all of the services that our competitors offer at a very special economical price (nearly 50-175% less). We here at IFRE Volunteers do not make 6-figured salaries; and we work very hard and smart to keep costs down especially for you the volunteer where it counts the most. We remain devoted to maintaining both the quality of the program and the safety of all volunteers involved.
Here is a brief summary of the program fee and services that IFRE Volunteers offers:
- IFRE is a 501 (C) 3 organization so your program fee will be tax deductible as provided by law.
- IFRE application fee: US $349. The application fee covers advertising, program promotion, and office expenses (rent, utilities, and staff salaries).
- Volunteer program fee covers:
* 4 days: US $299
* 1 week: US $644
* 2 weeks: US $745
* 3 weeks: US$778
* 4 weeks: US $811
* 5 weeks: US$894
* 6 weeks: US $927
* 7 weeks: US$960
* 8 weeks: US $993
* 9 weeks: US$1076
* 10 weeks: US $1109
* 11 weeks: US$1142
* 12 weeks: US $1173
* Food (3 Meals a day).
- What's Included in Program Fee:
* Comprehensive Travel Insurance
* Emergency Hot Line - 24/7/365 from any part of the world
* Airport Welcome
* In country Transportation
* Country Coordinator Support
* Thoroughly researched and personalized projects
* Safe Volunteer Placement
* Volunteer Care and Other Services
* Emergency support
* Certificate of Appreciation/Completion
* Fund Raising Ideas.
- Nepal language program fee: US$ 250 for one week. Language fee covers Language and cultural training, food and accommodations for 7 days, training materials (books, paper, orientation package, TV, video, trainers), cost of local sight seeing/tourist site arrangements, recreational activities, village stay/host family, cultural programs and additional activities, travel related expenses (one week orientation), Insurance.
- Nepal volunteer program free time. There are free times for volunteers during one week language and culture program, weekends, and volunteering period. However, IFRE does not offer any program for volunteers during their free time. It is the time of self discovery and learning. However, IFRE local staffs will give your free advice, travel tips, and helps to book your travel. Nepal is one of the most beautiful countries of the world.
It offers your tremendous opportunities of travel and exploration for volunteers. In your free time, you can travel to major tourist areas such as Kathmandu, Pokhara, Lumbini, and Chitwan. You can simply hike in village or ride bicycle. Nepali people also perform variety of rituals and religious activities; you can join these activities with your host family. Please discuss with our local staffs for the best option available for you in your free time.
Also see tour packages in:
Asia Nepal Volunteering Volunteering Vacations Cultural Journey
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend