Officially known as the Argentine Republic, Argentina is a South American country only second in size to Argentina and the 8th largest country in the world. Located in-between the Andes Mountains (to the west) and the Atlantic Ocean careening around the east and south, Argentina shares borders with Paraguay, Bolivia, Argentina, Uruguay and Chile. With a large number of its population hailing from Europe, Argentina retains an echo of such countries as Italy and Spain. Argentina itself boasts beautiful, natural scenery in addition to its multi-faceted cultures – creating an attention-grabbing paradox not found in many other countries.
IFRE's volunteer projects in Argentina are located in and around the remarkable city of Córdoba – the capital of the Córdoba Province and Argentina 's second industrial center with a generous amount of still-standing historical buildings from the highly-influential colonial era. Córdoba is a university city with the oldest university in all of Argentina – the Universidad Nacional de Córdoba – founded in 1613. With UNESCO World Heritage Sites located within the confines of the city, Córdoba is a pristine and admirable example of a developing city maintaining its culture-filled, picturesque past.
- Phase One: FREE Spanish Language and Cultural Immersion. IFRE offers free Basic and Intermediate-level Spanish lessons for volunteers in Argentina – two (2) hours of Spanish lessons each day (totaling 10 hours/week). IFRE does not offer Advanced-level Spanish lessons. Prior to beginning the Spanish language lessons, volunteers will be administered a brief orientation as well as a diagnostic test to be best determine which class best suits their appropriate level of Spanish. Throughout the duration of the language course, volunteers will be continuously assessed regarding the four designated language acquisition skills – Speaking, Listening, Reading and Writing – as well as the four language systems – Grammar Vocabulary, Phonology and Function.
Volunteers continue to study Spanish while simultaneously working in their respective volunteer projects for the entire duration of the program (maximum 12 weeks). However, volunteers can choose to take the Spanish classes or work only in a volunteer project. Spanish Language classes usually begin at 9:00am and run until 11:00am each day. Volunteer's project times depend on the schedules set by the programs' directors. Some projects begin around 8:00-9:00am in the morning; with some projects having additional hours in the afternoon.
NOTE: due to the often-existing language barrier, IFRE strongly suggests that all volunteers who have no Spanish-speaking experience take part in these very-useful language courses to make certain that participants get the absolute most out of their projects.
- Phase Two: Work in Volunteer Service Projects. Argentina Volunteer Work Projects and Locations. IFRE’s volunteer programs in Argentina provide numerous options for volunteers to choose from located in and around the splendid city of Cordoba.
Volunteer programs in Argentina include:
- Volunteer Argentina – Disadvantaged Children/Children At-Risk
- Volunteer Argentina – English-Teaching
- Volunteer Argentina – Children with Disabilities
- Volunteer Argentina – NGO: Community Development
- Volunteer Argentina – NGO: Human and Environmental Rights.
- Volunteer Argentina Program: Arrangement of Room/Food/Supervision. IFRE manages living accommodations and meals within a regional guesthouse located in a charming neighborhood within the city of Córdoba. The city of Córdoba boasts a number of exciting opportunities for volunteers wanting to see a city with a bright future which still maintains reverberations of its colonial and culture-rich past. Córdobals plentiful cultural has produced a number of influential writers, its own musical styles (known as ‘the cuarteto' in addition to tastes of classical, jazz, rock, pop and electronic), abundant monuments, lively festivals, enthralling theaters and a pulsing nightlife.
Volunteers reside in accommodations which are located just minutes from the downtown area. This unique living situation is often quite conducive to fellow volunteers becoming acquainted with each other. Furthermore, Spanish AND Tango lessons are provided for participants in these living accommodations which also conveniently double as our local operator's headquarters – ensuring constant contact with in-country coordinators. Volunteers will receive three (3) local meals each day.
Once the volunteer program begins, our local staff members maintain contact with volunteers. We visit our volunteers every 2 weeks (if possible) and you are always welcome at the local office. We recommend volunteers stop by the office once a week if they are in the local area just to let us know how they are doing with their home stay and project. If your project is very far, then our local staff members maintain communication by either email and/or phone.
- Start Dates: Volunteers program starts on the following (first and third Monday of each month). IFRE Volunteers is proud to offer all of the services that our competitors offer at a very special economical price (nearly 50-175% less). We here at IFRE Volunteers do not make 6-figured salaries; and we work very hard and smart to keep costs down especially for you the volunteer where it counts the most. We remain devoted to maintaining both the quality of the program and the safety of all volunteers involved.
Here is a brief summary of the program fee and services that IFRE Volunteers offers:
- IFRE is a 501 (C) 3 organization so your program fee will be tax deductible as provided by law.
- IFRE application fee: US $349. The application fee covers advertising, program promotion, and office expenses (rent, utilities, and staff salaries).
- Volunteer program fee:
* 4 days: US $399
* 1 week: US $750
* 2 weeks: US$ 800
* 3 weeks: US $850
* 4 weeks: US$900
* 5 weeks: US $950
* 6 weeks: US$1000
* 7 weeks: US $1050
* 8 weeks: US$1100
* 9 weeks: US $1150
* 10 weeks: US$1200
* 11 weeks: US $1250
* 12 weeks: US$1300.
- What's Included in Program Fee:
* Comprehensive Travel Insurance
* Emergency Hot Line - 24/7/365 from any part of the world
* Airport Welcome
* In country Transportation
* Country Coordinator Support
* Thoroughly researched and personalized projects
* SAFE Volunteer Placement
* Volunteer Care and Other Services
* Emergency support
* Certificate of Appreciation/Completion
* Fund Raising Ideas.
Argentina fee does not cover meals. Estimated meal budget $50 per week. Program fee covers free Spanish lessons (10 hours a week for up to 3 months), free Tango lessons, comprehensive insurance and lodging for the entire project period within a regional guesthouse, donation to project, Argentina office expenses (rent, utilities, salaries, vehicle), communications, and project coordination. No fees are charged for Spanish language Argentina’s program fee covers 10 hours of free Spanish lessons (for up to 12 weeks for Beginner and/or Intermediate-level students)
- Argentina Volunteer Program Free Time. For the duration of the project, volunteers have their weekends to themselves. There are a number of things to see and things to do during this free time. While IFRE does not arrange activities during this time off, our local staff members/coordinators can provide invaluable assistance in making appropriate arrangements for travel throughout Argentina. Most volunteers use this time for self-exploration and country-wide travel. Argentina is one of the most beautiful countries in the world offering numerous opportunities for a truly amazing experience. Please feel free to put the resources offered by our Argentinean staff members to use – travel tips, advice and publications about Argentina.
Also see tour packages in:
South America Argentina Volunteering Volunteering Vacations Cultural Journey
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend