Ghana has a splendid coastline with gorgeous beaches-which are indeed earthly paradise. The country is also blessed with cultural heritages, lakes, wetlands, and historic sites. In Ghana program, you will get the opportunity to exploring this beautiful country while serving the rural communities and poor kids. We invite you to join volunteer in Ghana and embark on the meaningful journey of life time.
- Phase one: Language and Cultural Immersion. In Ghana, we offer one week of language and cultural orientation. However, you can choose to take the Orientation or go directly into a volunteer project. If you decided to participate in one week language and cultural immersion, your program begins with one week language, culture, and travel experience in Accra, capital of Ghana. Accra Ghana 's capital city is the home of the African Culture, lively lifestyle, and historical areas. One week language and culture immersion program which comprises of language training, visit of tourist wonders of Accra offers you the glimpses and beauty of local language, culture, village, and people of Ghana before the start of your volunteer Ghana
- Phase two: work in volunteer service projects. Volunteer Ghana work projects. Our volunteer Ghana program focuses on four major service projects namely: work in orphanage, teaching English, health, and HIV/AIDS prevention project. Volunteer projects in Ghana are located in Accra and Kumasi. Volunteers can work in any of these projects in Ghana while sharing love, and passion to local kids, women groups, and communities.
Volunteers can help in any of these volunteer projects in Ghana:
- Work in orphanage (Abor; Hohoe, Vakpo)
- Teaching English (Greater Acra; Akatsi, Vakpo)
- Health Projects (Accra; Hahoe Vakpo)
- HIV/AIDS Projects (Akatsi)
- Summer volunteer and adventure program Ghana (4 Weeks).
- Ghana Volunteer program: arrangement of room/food/supervision. We arrange room, food, and supervision for volunteer from the start to the end of program. During first, week of language and cultural program, volunteers stay in our hostel or with host family in Accra. Our host family in Accra is located 6 kilometers from the heart of city also giving easy access to volunteer to all part of city. Our host family cooks Ghanaian foods which include Fufu, Banku and Yam for you. As a part of language and cultural program, you will also learn how to cook Ghanaian food.
During volunteering period, volunteers stay in host family. However, volunteer joining orphanage project will stay with kids in hostel. We arrange a separate room and share bath for volunteers both in host family and hostel. You can find the details of arrangement for room/food in placement sheets. We have in Country Coordinator and Staffs in Ghana to supervise and help volunteers. However, volunteers working far from our local office will be contacted regularly be email or telephone.
- Start Dates: Volunteers program starts on the following (first and third Monday of each month). We are proud to offer all of the services that our competitors offer at a very special economical price (nearly 50-175% less). We do not make 6-figured salaries; and we work very hard and smart to keep costs down especially for you the volunteer where it counts the most. We remain devoted to maintaining both the quality of the program and the safety of all volunteers involved.
Here is a brief summary of the program fee and services that we offer:
- We are a 501 (C) 3 organization so your program fee will be tax deductible as provided by law.
- Our application fee: US $349. The application fee covers advertising, program promotion, and office expenses (rent, utilities, and staff salaries).
- Volunteer program fee:
* 4 days: US $299
* 1 week: US $552
* 2 weeks: US $642
* 3 weeks: US$ 740
* 4 weeks: US $838
* 5 weeks: US$936
* 6 weeks: US $1034
* 7 weeks: US$1132
* 8 weeks: US $1230
* 9 weeks: US$1328
* 10 weeks: US $1426
* 11 weeks: US$1534
* 12 weeks: US $1630.
- What's Included in Program Fee:
* Food (3 Meals a day)
* Comprehensive Travel Insurance
* Emergency Hot Line - 24/7/365 from any part of the world
* Airport Welcome
* In country Transportation
* Country Coordinator Support
* Thoroughly researched and personalized projects
* Safe Volunteer Placement
* Volunteer Care and Other Services
* Emergency support
* Certificate of Appreciation/Completion
* Fund Raising Ideas.
- Ghana language program fee: US$ 250 for one week. Language fee covers Language and cultural training, food and accommodations for 7 days, training materials (books, papers), cost of local sight seeing/tourist sites, cost of recreational activities, Insurance
- Ghana volunteer program free time. There are free times for volunteers during one week language and culture program, weekends, and volunteering period. However, we do not offer any program for volunteers in free time. It is the time of self discovery and learning. However, our local staffs will give you free advice, travel tips, and helps to book your travel. In your free time, you can explore an amazing wildlife, a fascinating landscape, a colorful culture and custom, great safaris, gorgeous beaches, and astonishing tours of the castles. Or you can simply hike in village or ride bicycle. Please discuss with our local project staffs for the best option available for you in your free time in Ghana.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Africa Ghana Volunteering Volunteering Vacations Cultural Journey
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend