With so many amazing features, Honduras is the most interesting and exciting volunteer and travel destination in Central America. Splash around in Honduras' cooling, sparkling waters while partaking in the some of the world's most spectacular reef-diving opportunities in the world - exploring one of the planet's largest biological preserves. Snorkel or scuba dive in the blue, iridescent waters of the Bay Island or hike the ancient city of Copan Ruinas.
IFRE's volunteer program in Honduras is the perfect way to observe the beauty of Honduras' past amid the background of its awe-inspiring (and natural) present day. Being a Honduras volunteer allows you to explore one of the most intriguing and mystifying lands of the Western hemisphere while sharing your love and support with needy orphans, deprived children and other disadvantaged people.
- FREE Spanish Language and Cultural Immersion. IFRE offers Basic and Intermediate-level Spanish lessons for volunteers in Honduras - two (2) hours of Spanish lessons each day (totaling 10 hours/week). However, there is also an option (with reduced fee) of volunteering with no Spanish language program. Prior to beginning the Spanish language lessons, volunteers will be administered a brief orientation as well as a diagnostic test to be best determine which class best suits your level of Spanish. Throughout the duration of the language course, volunteers will be continuously assessed regarding the four designated language acquisition skills - Speaking, Listening, Reading and Writing - as well as the four language systems - Grammar Vocabulary, Phonology and Function.
Volunteers continue to study Spanish while simultaneously working in their respective volunteer projects for the entire duration of the program (maximum 12 weeks). However, volunteers can choose to take the Spanish classes or work only in a volunteer project. Spanish Language classes usually begin at 9:00 a.m. and run until 11:00 a.m. each day. Volunteer's project times depend on the schedules set by the programs' directors. Some projects begin around 8:00-9:00am in the morning; with some projects having additional hours in the afternoon.
- Phase Two: Work in Volunteer Service Projects. Honduras Volunteer Work Projects and Locations. IFRE's volunteer program in Honduras currently places volunteers in community service projects in: local orphanages, English-teaching projects in local schools as well as public health organizations. Volunteers can choose from any of these humanitarian projects located in either the city of La Ceiba or Copan Ruinas - contributing their personal skills to those in need.
Volunteer programs in Honduras include:
- Volunteer Honduras – Orphanage
- Volunteer Honduras – English-Teaching in Indigenous Village
- Volunteer Honduras – HIV/AIDS
- Volunteer Honduras – Healthcare.
- Volunteer Honduras Program: Arrangement of Room/Food/Supervision. IFRE manages living accommodations and three (3) meals a day within host families located in various areas throughout Honduras -Copan Ruinas, and other areas of the one-time Mayan Empire. Volunteers will receive three (3) local meals each day (occasionally, if volunteers are away from their host families during lunch, they may required to pack their own 'to go' lunches). Host families provide meals which are typical of the Honduran diet. While host families do their best to provide vegetarian options, IFRE requests that all volunteers requiring a specific or special diet inform our offices prior to arrival in-country.
For extra-ordinary requests, you are welcome to buy your own food and prepare it yourself. Please do not just use the food in the kitchen for your own use. Your host family is responsible for preparing three meals for you each day. If you have other needs for food outside of these meals, you are able to purchase snacks and meals at local restaurants and grocery stores. You will be sharing the house, kitchen, and bathrooms with the family members. You will have the ability to do your laundry in the house or the host family may offer to do it for you.
Once the volunteer program begins, our local staff members maintain contact with volunteers. We visit our volunteers every 2 weeks (if possible) and you are always welcome at the local office. We recommend volunteers stop by the office once a week if they are in the local area just to let us know how they are doing with their home stay and project. If your project is very far, then our local staff members maintain communication by either email and/or phone.
- Start Dates : Volunteers program starts on the following (first and third Monday of each month). IFRE Volunteers is proud to offer all of the services that our competitors offer at a very special economical price (nearly 50-175% less). We here at IFRE Volunteers do not make 6-figured salaries; and we work very hard and smart to keep costs down especially for you the volunteer where it counts the most. We remain devoted to maintaining both the quality of the program and the safety of all volunteers involved.
Here is a brief summary of the program fee and services that IFRE Volunteers offers:
- IFRE is a 501 (C) 3 organization so your program fee will be tax deductible as provided by law.
- IFRE application fee: US $349. The application fee covers advertising, program promotion, and office expenses (rent, utilities, and staff salaries).
- Volunteer program fee:
* With NO Spanish
- 4 days: US $299
- 1 week: US $609
- 2 weeks: US $724
- 3 weeks: US $839
- 4 weeks: US $954
- 5 weeks: US $1069
- 6 weeks: US $1184
- 7 weeks: US $1299
- 8 weeks: US $1414
- 9 weeks: US $1529
- 10 weeks: US $1644
- 11 weeks: US $1759
- 12 weeks: US $1874.
* With 10 hours/week of Spanish
- 4 days: US $ 399
- 1 week: US $614
- 2 weeks: US $784
- 3 weeks: US $954
- 4 weeks: US $1124
- 5 weeks: US $1294
- 6 weeks: US $1464
- 7 weeks: US $1634
- 8 weeks: US $1804
- 9 weeks: US $1974
- 10 weeks: US $2144
- 11 weeks: US $2314
- 12 weeks: US $2484.
- What's Included in Program Fee:
* Food (3 Meals a day)
* Comprehensive Travel Insurance
* Emergency Hot Line - 24/7/365 from any part of the world
* Airport Welcome
* In country Transportation
* Thoroughly researched and personalized projects
* Safe Volunteer Placement
* Volunteer Care and Other Services
* Emergency support
* Certificate of Appreciation/Completion
* Fund Raising Ideas.
- Honduras Volunteer Program Time Free. There are free times for volunteers during weekends, and volunteering period. However, IFRE does not offer any program for volunteers during their free time. It is the time of self discovery and learning. However, IFRE local staffs will give your free advice, travel tips, and helps to book your travel. Honduras is a travel paradise. It offers your tremendous opportunities of travel and exploration for volunteers. Please discuss with our local staffs for the best option available for you in your free time.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Central America and Caribbean Honduras Volunteering Volunteering Vacations Cultural Journey
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend