Volunteer in Peru, a fascinating Andean country alive with cultural activities. With magnificent ruins of ancient culture that have passed into the mist of history, Peru is a popular destination for the volunteers who believe in sharing love, passion, and help for poor kids and communities. IFRE's Peru volunteer projects are located in Cusco, a major tourist destination in Peru. Volunteer placements in Peru are also available in Urubamba, Trujillo, and Arequipa.
- Free Spanish Language and Cultural Immersion (2 hours a day up to 12 weeks): In Peru, IFRE offers Free Spanish classes as part of the cultural orientation and as a free bonus to you. Even though you can choose to take the optional Spanish classes or go directly into your volunteer project; IFRE suggest volunteers take the free Spanish classes as some level of Spanish is important for a successful Peru volunteer program. These classes take place in our partner's Cusco based Spanish school situated in a modern office building just 3 blocks from Cusco's historical Plaza de Armas. There are 11 classrooms for group and private classes, a small library, and modern laptop computers running Windows XP, all with high-speed Internet connections. Every classroom is equipped with comfortable chairs, a whiteboard, and a cassette and CD player. The main teaching room has a surround sound system, DVD player, cassette player, and TV.
On your first day, you will participate in a brief orientation, take a language placement test, and then be placed at an appropriate level. Throughout your language training, the teacher will continuously assess your ability in the 4 language skills - Speaking, Listening, Reading, and Writing; and the 4 language systems - Grammar, Vocabulary, Phonology, and Function.
- Work in volunteer service projects. Volunteer Peru work projects and locations. IFRE volunteers in Peru presently support local orphanages, street children, schools, health projects, and conservation projects. Volunteer projects in Peru are available in Cusco, Urubamba, Trujillo, and Arequipa.
Volunteers may help in any of these volunteer projects available in Peru:
- Work in orphanage (Cusco, Urubamba, Trujillo, Arequipa)
- Work with Street Children (Cusco, Urubamba)
- Teaching English (Cusco, Urubamba)
- Health project (Cusco)
- Conservation project (Cusco, Urubamba, Lima, Junin)
- Summer volunteer and adventure program Peru (4 Weeks).
- Peru volunteer program: arrangement of room/food/supervision. IFRE arranges room, food, and supervision for volunteers from the beginning to the end of the program. During the Spanish language and cultural immersion program, volunteers will stay in IFRE's hostel in Cusco. Alternatively, we can also arrange room and food accommodations with a host family. After the Language and Culture Orientation week, and during the volunteering period in Peru, most volunteers move from the hostel in with a host family. Your host family will provide you a separate room but you will share bathroom, kitchen and laundry facilities. The full immersion home stay is one of the most important parts of your language and culture development. In Cusco, IFRE's staff visits volunteers every seven to fourteen days. But in Urubamba, Trujillo, Arequipa, IFRE will give you a local contact person because of the distance from our office these volunteers will stay in touch with our staff by phone or Email.
- Start Dates: Volunteers program starts on the following (first and third Monday of each month): IFRE Volunteers is proud to offer all of the services that our competitors offer at a very special economical price (nearly 50-175% less). We here at IFRE Volunteers do not make 6-figured salaries; and we work very hard and smart to keep costs down especially for you the volunteer where it counts the most. We remain devoted to maintaining both the quality of the program and the safety of all volunteers involved.
Here is a brief summary of the program fee and services that IFRE Volunteers offers:
- IFRE is a 501 (C) 3 organization so your program fee will be tax deductible as provided by law.
- IFRE application fee: US $349. The application fee covers advertising, program promotion, and office expenses (rent, utilities, and staff salaries).
- Volunteer program fee:
* 4 days: US $500
* 1 week: US $696
* 2 weeks: US $795
* 3 weeks: US $903
* 4 weeks: US $1011
* 5 weeks: US $1144
* 6 weeks: US $1277
* 7 weeks: US $1410
* 8 weeks: US $1543
* 9 weeks: US $1676
* 10 weeks: US $1809
* 11 weeks: US $1942
* 12 weeks: US $2073
- What's Included in Program Fee:
* Food (3 Meals a day)
* Comprehensive Travel Insurance
* Emergency Hot Line - 24/7/365 from any part of the world
* Airport Welcome
* In country Transportation
* Country Coordinator Support
* Thoroughly researched and personalized projects
* Safe Volunteer Placement
* Volunteer Care and Other Services
* Emergency support
* Certificate of Appreciation/Completion
* Fund Raising Ideas.
No fee for Spanish language classes. Peru program fee covers 2 hours free Spanish lesson (for up to 12 weeks for beginner and intermediate level student). Language program covers Language and cultural training, food and accommodations in host family ( Breakfast & dinner only), Training materials (books, papers), Insurance.
- Peru volunteer program free time: There are free times for volunteers during Spanish language and culture program, weekends, and volunteering period. The Institute for Field Research Expeditions does not offer any program for volunteers during their free time. It is the time of self discovery and learning. However, IFRE local staffs will give your free advice, travel tips, and helps to book your travel. Peru is a travel paradise that offers tremendous opportunities for travel and exploration. Please discuss with our local staff the best option available for you in your free time.
Also see tour packages in:
South America Peru Volunteering Volunteering Vacations Cultural Journey
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend