Volunteer in Tanzania, beautiful Tanzania boasts the highest mountain on the continent, the exotic spice islands of historical Zanzibar, and the famous Serengeti National Park. In this country, the Great Rift Valley gives rise to unique geological formations, its endless plains stage one of the greatest spectacles of animal behavior. Volunteer in Tanzania is the perfect way to explore this great country having hundreds of different ethnic groups and cultures, from the red-clad herders of the Masai tribes on the Serengeti plains to the modestly veiled women of Zanzibar 's Islamic Stone Town. Our Tanzania program invites you to work for poor kids, communities, and women's groups and enrich your volunteer abroad experience.
- Phase One: Language and Cultural Immersion. In Tanzania, we offer one week of language and cultural orientation. However, you can choose to take the Orientation or go directly into a volunteer project. If you decided to participate in one week language and cultural immersion, your program begins with one-week of language classes, cultural immersion, and travel experiences in Dar es Salaam. The week-long language and cultural immersion program in Dar features Swahili language, exploration of local villages, and a visit of Dar Es Salaam and Bagomaya, two major Tanzanian tourist cities.
- Phase two: work in volunteer service projects. Volunteer Tanzania work projects and locations. Our Tanzania volunteer program presently supports local orphanages, women's groups, health center, local schools, and NGOs working for different social issues. Volunteer projects in Tanzania are available in Dar Es Salaam and Arusha, two vibrant cities of Tanzania. In our volunteer Tanzania program, you can use your skills, talents, and experiences for the benefit of kids and poor communities.
Volunteers can help in any of these volunteer projects in Tanzania:
- Volunteer Tanzania-Work in orphanage ( Dar, Arusha)
- Volunteer Tanzania-Teaching English in local Schools (Dar, Arusha)
- Volunteer Tanzania-Work in HIV/AIDS project (Dar, Arusha)
- Volunteer Tanzania-Women’s project (Arusha)
- Volunteer Tanzania-Conservation and Environment project (Moshi)
- Summer volunteer and adventure program Tanzania (4 Weeks).
- Tanzania Volunteer Program: Arrangement of Room/Food/Supervision. We arrange room, food, and supervision for volunteer from the start to the end of program. During first, week of language and cultural program, volunteers stay in our hostel in Dar es Salaam. Our office/hostel is located in Dar es Salaam giving access to volunteers to different parts of cities. Our manager and his wife are managing our hostel and office. They will run the language program and manage local food 3 times a day for you.
During the volunteering period, volunteers stay with a host family. However, a volunteer joining the orphanage project will stay at the orphanage compound. We arrange a separate room and shared bath for volunteers both in host family and in the residential orphanage settings. You can find the details of the room/food accommodations in the placement sheets. Our main office is in Dar es Salaam, the director of the local project will be the immediate contact for volunteers.
Tanzania volunteer programs start on the first and third Monday of each month, ongoing, year round. We are proud to offer all of the services that our competitors offer at a very special economical price (nearly 50-175% less). We do not make 6-figured salaries; and we work very hard and smart to keep costs down especially for you the volunteer where it counts the most. We remain devoted to maintaining both the quality of the program and the safety of all volunteers involved.
Here is a brief summary of the program fee and services that we offer:
- We are a 501 (C) 3 organization so your program fee will be tax deductible as provided by law.
- Our application fee: US $349. The application fee covers advertising, program promotion, and office expenses (rent, utilities, and staff salaries).
- Volunteer program fee:
* 4 days: US $299
* 1 week: US $644
* 2 weeks: US $753
* 3 weeks: US $861
* 4 weeks: US $969
* 5 weeks: US $1077
* 6 weeks: US $1185
* 7 weeks: US $1293
* 8 weeks: US $1401
* 9 weeks: US $1509
* 10 weeks: US $1617
* 11 weeks: US $1725
* 12 weeks: US $1831.
- What's Included in Program Fee:
* Food (3 Meals a day)
* Comprehensive Travel Insurance
* Emergency Hot Line - 24/7/365 from any part of the world
* Airport Welcome
* In country Transportation
* Country Coordinator Support
* Thoroughly researched and personalized projects
* Safe Volunteer Placement
* Volunteer Care and Other Services
* Emergency support
* Certificate of Appreciation/Completion
* Fund Raising Ideas.
- Tanzania language program fee: US$ 250 for one week. Language fee covers Language and cultural training, food and accommodations for 7 days, training materials (books, paper, papers), cost of local sight seeing/tourist sites, recreational activities, cultural programs and additional activities, travel related expenses (one week orientation), Insurance.
- Tanzania Volunteer Program - Free Time. There are free times for volunteers during one week language and culture program, weekends, and volunteering period. However, we do not offer any program for volunteers during their free time. It is the time of self discovery and learning. However, our local staff will give you free advice, travel tips, and helps to book your travel. Tanzania is one of the most beautiful countries in the world. It offers tremendous opportunities for travel and exploration. In your free time, you can explore the major tourist areas of Dar, Arusha, Moshi, and Zanzibar. You can simply hike in the village or bicycle. Please discuss with our local staffs for the best option available for you in your free time.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Africa Tanzania Volunteering Volunteering Vacations Cultural Journey
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend