Volunteer in Uganda! With its breathtaking location on the forested shores of Lake Victoria, Uganda offers unlimited opportunities for adventuring, volunteering, and traveling. This world famous safari destination surprises at every turn with its beautiful lake shores, a century-old botanical garden alive with the chatter of acrobatic monkeys, friendly people, and colorful tropical birds. Our volunteer programs in Uganda are located in Entebbe, Jinja, and the capital city of Kampala. IFRE invites you to join our volunteer programs in Uganda and explore this newly peaceful and stable African destination.
- Phase One: Language and Cultural Immersion: In Uganda, IFRE offers one week of language and cultural orientation in Jinja. However, you can choose to either enroll in the orientation or go directly to your assigned volunteer project. If you decide to participate in the one-week language and cultural immersion, you will start out with one-week of language classes, cultural immersion, and travel experiences in Jinja, Entebbe and Kampala.
- Phase Two: Work in Volunteer Service Projects. Uganda Volunteer Work Projects and Locations. IFRE's volunteer programs in Uganda presently support local orphanages, HIV/AIDS projects, local schools, regional health project and NGOs working to improve and address various social issues. Volunteer projects in Uganda are located in Jinja, Kampala, and Entebbe. Volunteers can work in any of these volunteer projects in Uganda while sharing their love and skills with the local kids, woman's groups, and communities.
- Volunteer in Uganda– Orphanage Project
- Volunteer in Uganda– Teach English in Rural/ Public School
- Volunteer in Uganda– HIV/AIDS Projects
- Volunteer in Uganda– Health Projects.
- Volunteer Uganda Accommodation-Room/Food/Supervision: IFRE arranges living accommodations, meals, and supervision of volunteers from the start to the end of program. If enrolled in the first week's culture and language program volunteers are accommodated in a local host family. Usually, volunteers are hosted by IFRE's local coordinator. Our country coordinators are responsible, mature and educated individuals who have years of experience hosting international volunteers. Depending on the location of the assigned projects, volunteers usually stay in either or host family or a nearby hostel.
As is usually the case, volunteers participating in the orphanage project will reside within the residences located within the confines of the orphanage's compound. IFRE arranges clean and simple accommodations for volunteers who are either assigned private or shared rooms (with fellow volunteers) in either a hostel or host family. Bathrooms are usually shared with other residents/volunteers. Details pertaining to living accommodations are covered in pre-supplied placement sheets. IFRE provides three meals/day with supervision provided by our local coordinator for the duration of your stay in Uganda.
- Start Dates: Volunteers program starts on the following (first and third Monday of each month). IFRE Volunteers is proud to offer all of the services that our competitors offer at a very special economical price (nearly 50-175% less). We here at IFRE Volunteers do not make 6-figured salaries; and we work very hard and smart to keep costs down especially for you the volunteer where it counts the most. We remain devoted to maintaining both the quality of the program and the safety of all volunteers involved.
Here is a brief summary of the program fee and services that IFRE Volunteers offers:
- IFRE is a 501 (C) 3 organization so your program fee will be tax deductible as provided by law.
- IFRE application fee: US $349. The application fee covers advertising, program promotion, and office expenses (rent, utilities, and staff salaries).
- Volunteer program fee:
* 4 days: US $299
* 1 week: US $594
* 2 weeks: US $703
* 3 weeks: US $811
* 4 weeks: US $919
* 5 weeks: US $1027
* 6 weeks: US $1135
* 7 weeks: US $1293
* 8 weeks: US $1401
* 9 weeks: US $1509
* 10 weeks: US $1617
* 11 weeks: US $1725
* 12 weeks: US $1831.
- What's Included in Program Fee:
* Food (3 Meals a day)
* Comprehensive Travel Insurance
* Emergency Hot Line - 24/7/365 from any part of the world
* Airport Welcome
* In country Transportation
* Country Coordinator Support
* Thoroughly researched and personalized projects
* Safe Volunteer Placement
* Volunteer Care and Other Services
* Emergency support
* Certificate of Appreciation/Completion
* Fund Raising Ideas.
- Uganda Language and Culture Program Fee: $250 (US) for one week. Language fee covers language and cultural training, food and accommodations for 7 days, training materials (books, educational materials), cost of local sight-seeing/visiting tourist sites, cost of recreational activities, insurance.
- Uganda Volunteer Program Free Time: During the culture and language course as well as for the duration of the volunteer period, participants have time to themselves during the weekends. While IFRE does not arrange any "free time" activities, there are a number of activities which volunteers can participate in. Uganda has some of the most amazing examples of wildlife, as well as numerous safaris, fascinating landscapes, colorful customs, gorgeous beaches, historic castles, etc. Hikes through the local villages and country-sides can also be the perfect backdrop for an authentic, cultural experience. Our local staff members can provide invaluable assistance in booking travel and/or tours around Uganda. All participants are advised to explore the best options for traveling with the local coordinators.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Africa Uganda Volunteering Volunteering Vacations Cultural Journey
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend