1) You arrive in Addis Ababa: Dejetlag. Check into the Ghion Hotel. Or if morning arrival, rest and then in the afternoon do some casual site seeing over Addis Ababa. Sample the Ethiopian coffee ceremony and then in the afternoon drive around the outskirts of Addis to understand how the city is planned. In the evening we have dinner and then see Addis Ababa by night.
2) City Tour of Addis Ababa and museums. Visit the National museum and Ethnographic museums. Explore on foot or by car the Mercarto – one of the largest markets in Eastern Africa and then in the afternoon drive to Entoto Mariam to see Emperor Menelik’s old imperial palace, the museum about the Ethiopian Royal family as well as the Holy Church of Mount Entoto Mariam. In the evening we can sample Ethiopian food, music and dancing.
3) Today we drive from Hawasa to Arba Minch. We arrive late afternoon in time for drinks on the veranda of the Bekele Molla Hotel. We do not need to stay here but the views are good. On the way we have one of our first tribal encounters, namely the Dorze weavers. We stay overnight at the Forty Springs Hotel or Paradise. This morning we go out in a boat on Lake Chamo to see the crocodiles and hippos. We can stop on one side of the Netch Sar Park and do some small walks if the weather permits.
4) Today we drive from Arba Minch to Konso to see the Wag Totem Statues and terraced agricultural system of the Konso people. We will visit the Konso Museum as well as the Konso Chief’s house. We stay overnight at the Kanta Lodge.
5) Today we drive from Konso to Jinka. We will stay at the best regarded available accommodation recommended on Trip Advisor as per your instructions or we can spend the night at the Netsu Pension.
6) Today in Jinka we visit the central market in Jinka and also drive to the Mago National Park to see the clay mouth extended Mursi tribes with their clay pallets and body painting. The Mago national park is wild red bushes and trees but not really a wildlife type of venue. Some wildlife is present such as some antelope species, but wildlife viewing should generally not be anticipated. Having visited the Mursi and markets, we spend the night once again in Jinka.
7) We move on to Turmi today where we stay at the Turmi lodge. We can visit the Ari and Benna Tribes. In the afternoon we return for overnight to the Turmi Lodge.
8) Today we move from Turmi to Yabello. This is a transit day. We stay overnight at the Yabello Lodge other accommodation.
9) We arrive from Yabello to the Aregesh Lodge in crater forest and market garden tropical farmland. The hotel is very comfortable and the staff will show us round farmsteads and we can do some easy walks near the forest. We stay overnight at Aregesh.
10) Today we drive from Aregesh Lodge to Bale Mountains. We will be staying at the Goba Wabbe Shebele Hotel. We arrive late afternoon stopping off to look at the scenery into Bale on the way.
11) Today we visit the Sanetti Plateau and Harenna Forest. We may be lucky enough to see various bird species, antelopes or perhaps the famous Simien Jackal endemic to Ethiopia. In the evening we return to the Goba Hotel
12) We move from the Goba Hotel to Nazareth-Adama and the Sodore Hot water springs. We reach Nazareth in the late afternoon, staying at the Safari Hotel.
13) We return to Addis for rest and recuperation.
14) In the morning we drive from Addis Ababa to Negash Lodge. We settle here for a relaxing day in forest scenery and Crater Lake scenery.
15) We drive early morning to Jimma and in the late afternoon we visit the palace of Abba Jiffa, Chief ruler of Jimma. We stay overnight in jimma at Honey land Hotel or other recommended hotels on Trip Advisor.
16) We take the coffee route to the village of Limu and visit the Sintuu Coffee Planation then we stay overnight in Metu.
17) We visit the Sor Waterfallls, packed lunch and walks around this area. We continue onto Gambela, staying overnight at the Ethiopia Hotel.
18) We visit the Itang and Laria villages to see the Annuak and Nuer Tribes.
19) We spend a half day with the Nuer tribes men, also visiting the prisoner’souvenir shop. Overnight in Gambela.
20) We return to Jimma and sample Bedele Beer at their factory. Overnight Jimma.
22) Return to Addis Ababa for depature.
You could also do this route and include Dedesa National Park just opening up to the public in the next few years via the Nekemte Road.
Notes: Price is down if group comes. Guests can do car rent rate only and control their own expenses in lieu of package tour.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Africa Ethiopia Local Culture Cultural Journey National Parks
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend