- Kabaka Lake Set from your place of accommodation that’s after break fast, or picked up from your residence by our driver guide ready to start the tour, drive straight to the Kabaka’s lake located at Nabunya, in Rubaga Division. This lake is very much famous for its origin and formation as its said to have been created with a unique aim of providing an escape route for the Kabaka on water in case of danger to lake Victoria.
- Cathedral. Proceed to any one of the cathedrals - namely either Namirembe or Rubaga, where you’ll have an Arial view over looking the Whole City to appreciate its beauty. Walk round the Church compound to enjoy the scenic beauty, as you enjoy the stories being told about the past experiences of the Church. For the case of Rubaga, if allowed inside the Church, have a look at the magnificent souvenirs and pictures of "saints".
- Kisingiri House. From Cathedral, pass via the Kisingiri House located near Bulange Mengo, to have a look at the overwhelmingly huge tortoises that are believed to have lived more than 400 years.
- Kasubi Tombs. Head to Kasubi tombs, which is the only Ugandan cultural site, attributed to the World Heritage Sites at International Level by UNESCO. Have a walk round the palace with lectures from the care takers, then enter the main burial ground to view the architecture of the long ago Africans, made of reeds, souvenir given to Kabaka by foreigners like the gun, then several types of spears, Kabaka pet animal (leopard), plus a lecture fro the care takers.
- Makerere University. Drive to Makerere University to have look at one of the oldest African Universities, visit the museum at the Zoology department to see several remains of fauna and many other things. Set off for lunch at either African village or any other convenient place in town.
- Uganda Museum. After lunch, proceed to Uganda Museum in Kamwokya to view a variety of remains of long ago, pictures, art and craft plus lectures from the guides.
- Bahai Temple. Drive to Bahai temple located at Kikaya hill in Kawempe Division, where you’ll be able to appreciate the beauty of nature through the design of their compound, design of the church, plus the lecture given by the guide "priest". Then the driver guide will return you to your accommodation place where he picked you. Enjoy your day.
Also see tour packages in:
Africa Uganda History Whiz Archeology/History Cultural Journey
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend