Tuscany is one of the richest, most enchanting areas of Italy and the world. Imagine hiking its rolling hills, learning to cook its classic recipes, touring the best Chianti wineries and visiting the legendary hilltowns and touring the art or the Renaissance in Florence and Siena. This program is designed to give participants an in-depth view of this area with a different adventure every day.
Sample Itinerary: (parts of this schedule can be customized and everything is optional)
- Sunday visit to the market in the hilltown of Panzano, home of Dario the world-famous butcher
- A day-long hike through the Chianti vineyards between Castellina and Radda with a visit to small wineries along the way
- Full day excursion to Florence with a guided tour of the Uffizi Art Gallery, that houses some of the most famous masterpieces of the Renaissance painters
- Excursion to the medieval city of Siena with a visit to the spectacular 12th century Duomo
- Cooking class - learn to make pasta and other traditional Tuscan meals like wild boar sauce, rabbit, white bean bruschetta, etc.
- Chianti tour with a sommelier to learn about how they make Chianti Classico and the exciting Super Tuscan reds.
- A day of pampering at a hot sulfur spa
- Other options include hilltown visits, ceramic painting class, etc.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Price and Registration: $2,295 p/p
- Junior Suite Supplement - $150 p/p
- Master Suite Supplement - $300 p/p
- Single Room Supplement - $550 (limited availability).
- 7 nights in the restored historic monastery San Fedele
- Daily activities, workshop sessions and group events - as you choose
- Authentic Tuscan breakfast and dinners prepared at the house, including wine (independent lunch)
- All local transportation
- Pick up in Florence on first day of workshop
- Optional activities and excursions.
- Independent meals and sight-seeing.
Joined InfoHub: Apr 2008
Client Request Served: 30
We are Linda Mironti and Michael Mele, both Italian Americans, both with long backgrounds in the arts. Linda was a singer, then a chef, then a singer again. Michael a dancer/ choreographer turned fiction writer. In the spring of 1995 we created M18003 to give our friends and families an inspirational place to work on...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see tour packages in:
Food & Wine
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend