Day 1: Arrive Nairobi, Kenya. Arrive this morning or in the evening in the city of Nairobi and transfer to the luxurious Norfolk Hotel. Brimming with British colonial charm, you will revel in this hotel’s rich history. Overnight at Norfork Hotel.
Day 2: Nairobi. Travel this morning to "Karen", on the outskirts of Nairobi, where you will visit the farmhouse of Karen Blixen, author of the book "Out of Africa". Next, experience the local wildlife firsthand as you have an opportunity to feed the endangered Rothschild giraffes from a raised platform at the Rothschild Giraffe Sanctuary. Dine this evening at the famous Carnivore restaurant. Overnight at Norfork Hotel. Includes: (B, D).
Day 3: Nairobi-Amboseli National Park. This morning depart Nairobi for Amboseli National Park. Amboseli is famous for its open plains that are home to big game such as lions and elephants, and the breathtaking snow-capped Mt. Kilimanjaro which dominates the landscape. Enjoy a game drive en route to your lodge.Dinner and overnight at Amboseli Serena Lodge. Includes: (B, L, D).
Day 4: Amboseli National Park. Enjoy a morning game drive followed by an elegant champagne breakfast at your hotel. With any luck you will see the "Big 5": lion. Elephant, buffalo, leopard and rhino. An afternoon game drive provides another opportunity for sightings. Overnight at Amboseli Serena Lodge. Includes: (B, L, D).
Day 5: Amboseli - Aberdare National Forest. Travel today through lush tea and coffee plantations to the Aberdares, a beautiful mountain range in the central highlands of Kenya, home of many buffalo, rhino, and elephant. Here you will enjoy a stay at the world-famous tree lodge, the Ark. Built on stilts deep in the heart of the forest, this lodge provides once-in-a-lifetime game viewing. Watch in awe from the deck or the ground bunker as the animals come to drink at a watering hole and salt lick located below the lodge. Overnight The Ark Lodge. Includes: (B, L, D).
Day 6: Aberdare National Forest - Shaba Reserve. The northern game park of Kenya, known as Samburu and Shaba, are home to some of the most exotic game viewing in the country. As well as the Big 5, you may find such species as the Reticulated Giraffe and Grevy’s Zebra in the area. Enjoy a game drive en route to our stunning riverside lodge where you can spend the evening relaxing and watching the local crocodiles. Overnight at Sarova Shaba Lodge. Includes: (B, L, D).
Day 7: Shaba Reserve-Samburu Reserve – Shaba Reserve. Your search for the elusive Big 5 continues today as we journey to Samburu Reserve. The striking contrast of the sky, sand and bush will leave you breathless as you travel the region. Keep your eye out for some of the spectacular local bird life you may spot a Somali Ostrich, a Martial Eagle, or one of the other 365 species of birds known to Samburu. Tonight enjoy a special lecture by a local tribal warrior. Sarova Shaba Lodge. Includes: (B, L, D).
Day 8: Shaba Reserve - Nanyuki. Journey to the equator and the town of Nanyuki. You will arrive at the world-famous Mt. Kenya Safari Club. Sprawling in the shadow of Mt. Kenya, this icon boosts a delightful history and beautiful grounds. The resort was once the private hunting lodge and retreat of movie star William Holden. Relax in the luxurious surrounding, lounge by the pool, enjoy afternoon tea in the Zebra Bar, or wander about the grounds. Your visit to the Equator would not be complete without experiencing the phenomenon known as the Corealis effect. Watch over and discover why water spins different ways on different hemispheres. Mount Kenya Safari Club. Includes: (B, L, D).
Day 9: Nanyuki- Sweet waters – Nanyuki. Today enjoy a full day excursion in the sweet waters private sanctuary. Visit the sweet waters chimp sanctuary, which was set up so that chimps could be taught to fend for themselves in an area similar to their natural living conditions. Priority is given to orphaned and abused chimps. Your afternoon includes a game drive in the sanctuary before returning to Mt. Kenya. Mount Kenya Safari Club. Includes: (B, L, D).
Day 10: Nanyuki – Lake Nakuru. After a leisure breakfast you drive to Subukia, located on the edge of the Great Rift Valley, and take an entertaining tour of a delightful tea estate run by an engaging local entrepreneur. During your visit enjoy farm fresh tea and Turkana dance performed by tea-pickers. Next, drive to Lake Nakuru National Park and enjoy an evening game drive through this park, renowned for black & white rhino, leopard, and spectacular bird life including thousands of flamingos. Sarova Lion Hill Lodge. Includes: (B, L, D).
Day 11: Lake Nakuru – Masai Mara. This morning travel to the Masai Mara Game Reserve. The Masai Mara is an extension of the great Serengeti Plain and is generally thought to be the most magnificent game viewing spot in all Kenya. Here you may see the lion, giraffe, zebra, elephant, and other wildlife as they exist in their natural habitat. An afternoon game drive is included. Your bush experience is truly complete as you relax this evening in your luxurious tented camp. Your tent will provide all the deluxe amenities of a lodge, complete with the adventure of the wild!! Overnight at Mara Sarova Camp. Includes: (B, L, D).
Day 12: Masai Mara. Experience the magic of the Masai Mara with full day activities. An optional hot air balloon ride over the plains is available this morning. Today both a morning and afternoon game drive are included. Enjoy a nature walk guided by a local Masai warrior and a visit to a local Masai village. This evening you will to a traditional bush dinner featuring a Masai traditional dance performance. Overnight at Mara Sarova Camp. Includes: (B, L, D).
Day 13: Masai Mara – Nairobi – Tour Ends. Journey back to Nairobi this morning. A fascinating experience is planned for you as you are invited for a farewell dinner - here you will be hosted for an early dinner this evening. After diner, transfer to the airport where your tour ends. Includes: (B, D).
- For a once in-a-lifetime adventure, there is no better place for scenic beauty and abundant wildlife than the African country of Kenya.
- Upon arriving in Nairobi, Kenya’s cosmopolitan capital and the county’s safari gateway, you will visit the farmhouse of Karen Blixen, author of "Out Of Africa".
- During your 2 nights in Amboseli National Park, you’ll enjoy luxurious accommodation and two game drives.
- At your hotel in the Aberdare National Park, located in the central High lands of Kenya, watch as animals come to drink at a watering hole located below your lodge.
- Your next stop is the world- famous Mt Kenya Safari Club, former hunting lodge and retreat of William Holden, and your home for two nights.
- A full day excursion in the sweet waters private sanctuary provides the opportunity to see and observe chimps in an area similar to their natural living environment.
- Next, enjoy a leisure drive to Subukia on the edge of the Great Rift Valley where you’ll tour a delightful tea estate and enjoy lunch and farm tea.
- An evening game drive at Lake Nakuru National Park is where you might see rhinos, leopards and flamingos. Finally, the highlights of this and every program in East Africa is the Masai Mara Game Reserve, with Kenya’s richest concentration of lion, zebra, buffalo, giraffe, cheetah and more. Your two- night stay here includes two game drives.
- See a Rothschild giraffe up close as you feed them from a raised platform.
- Spend two nights at the famous Mt. Kenya Safari Club, Once William Holden’s private retreat.
- Explore the farmhouse of Karen Blixen, author of "Out of Africa".
Accommodations of this tour:
- Nairobi: The Norfolk Hotel
- Amboseli National Park: Amboseli Serena Lodge.
- Aberedare National Forest, The Ark Lodge
- Aberedare National Forest, Sarova Shaba Lodge
- Nanyuki: Mt. Kenya Safari Club
- Lake Nakuru: Lion Hill Lodge
- Masai Mara: Sarova Mara Tented Camp
Pre and post add-ons:
Stay another night. Add a pre or post night - stay in Nairobi. Prices on request. Beach extension either in Mombasa, Zanzibar or Pemba are available on request.
- A Kenya Visa is required for this tour at your expense.
- Soft duffel bag luggage is required for this tour.
- Singles are on request only and are extremely limited.
- Each client is responsible for proper documentation and inoculations that may be required and /or recommended to participate on this tour. Please contact your local travel clinic or personnel physician for specific details on the destination you are traveling to and from.
- Silver Africa Tours prides itself on bringing travelers the very best experiences a destination offers. When traveling in Africa you will encounter full days of sightseeing, frequently in warm temperatures. In order to most fully experience the wild life, you will be traveling by custom built roads. To experience Africa fully, we recommend that all travelers be in reasonably good health and prepare properly. Unfortunately, wheelchairs can not be accommodated on this trip. In addition, passengers who require assistance walking or who travel with oxygen tanks will not fully enjoy this trip and we strongly recommend a different tour.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Africa Kenya Nature & Wildlife Wildlife Viewing National Parks
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend