Day 1: Pakse - Wat Phou - Champasak. Depart from Pakse for Champasak, on a joined journey of two hours by a local long tail boat (with other cruise passengers) to meet the boat and check-in. After lunch on board, transfer to Wat Phou Temple for a visit to the site before returning to the boat as the sun sets. Dinner and overnight on board. Includes: (L, D).
Day 2: Huei Thamo - Ban Dua Tae. After breakfast sail to the island of Don Daeng and the village of Huei Thamo (Oum Moung). A shore excursion allows exploration of the nearby ruins hidden in the forest. Return to the boat and sail south into the area known as the ‘4,000 Islands’. Lunch on board. In the afternoon visit the traditional Laotian Village of Ban Dua Tae. Dinner and overnight on board. Includes: (B, L, D).
Day 3: Khong Island - Phapheng - Pakse. After breakfast, sail to Ban Veuthong on Khong Island. On arrival transfer by long-tail boat to visit Khon Island. Enjoy lunch at local restaurant before departing for Phapheng Falls and returning to Pakse by road (with other cruise passengers). Includes: (B, L).
Notes on cruise:
- In high season (November-April): cruise up or down on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
- In low season (May and July-October): cruise up on Tuesday and cruise down on Saturday.
- No cruise in June.
- This is a downstream cruise. Upstream cruise visits in reverse order.
- 3 days cruise with stops and visits en route
- 2 nights accommodation at Wat Phou Boat
- Meal as mention (3 lunches – 2 dinners – 2 breakfasts)
- Entrance fee at Wat Phou, Oum Moung, the Khong Pha Peng waterfall
- Assistance of English-speaking cruise escort during the cruise and excursion (no guide on board)
- Coffee, tea,water
- Air tickets to/from Pakse
- Visa fee for Laos
- Alcoholic drinks & drinks at mealtime + Optional visits + Personal expenses (Telephone, laundry...)
- Personal travel insurance (should include helicopter evacuation for Laos & repatriation)
- Tips for guide, driver, boat crew & hotels’ porters
- Meals other than those mentioned above
- Other services not clearly indicated in the Package Inclusion above
- The price is a guideline and will vary according to travel dates and room availability.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Asia Laos Local Culture Barging Sightseeing
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend