In Paro and Thimphu we wander the markets and appreciate the location of the monasteries and forts that reflect the deep cultural heritage of this remarkable Buddhist kingdom. There is also ample opportunity to delight in the pristine forests of conifer, oak and rhododendrons as well as encountering yak herders as they establish their summer encampments.
Day 1: Join Paro.
Day 2: Visit Paro Dzong and Taktsang Monastery.
Days 3 - 8: Ascend conifer and rhododendron forest to alpine pastures to gain views of Chomolhari before crossing a series of passes to Phajoding Monastery above the Thimphu Valley.
Days 9 & 10: Complete trek to Thimphu, visit the memorial Chorten and wander the bazaars, transfer to Paro.
Day 11: In Paro, trip concludes.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- 10 breakfasts, 10 lunches and 10 dinners
- Airport transfers on Day 1 and Day 11
- Expert bilingual guide
- Group medical kit
- Good quality accommodation in Paro/ Thimphu
- Gear pack including kit bag, sleeping bag, down or fiber filled jacket and insulated sleeping mat
- All group camping equipment
- Private transportation
- All park entrance fees and trekking permits
- Porters/ animals to carry 20 kg personal equipment
- Sightseeing and site entry fees as listed.
Joined InfoHub: Oct 2007
Client Request Served: 127
M17202 is one of the world’s original adventure travel company. Since our foundation in 1975 as a Himalayan trekking company, we have expanded our tours to all seven continents to include cultural, cycling, rafting and kayaking tours, volunteer vacations and trekking/hiking/mountaineering adventures.
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see tour packages in:
Outdoor: Land Rambler
Hiking & Trekking
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend