Our route takes us over the historic Bainskloof mountain pass into the Breede River Valley for a superlative wine experience and the historical town of Tulbagh that was all but flattened by an earth quake registering 6.5 in 1969. Included is a visit to the only truly Succulent Botanical Garden in the Southern Hemisphere and the continent of Africa, the Karoo Botanical Garden.
Our return journey to Cape Town takes us along and over the Wemmershoek Mountain range and through the culinary capital of South Africa, Franschhoek and on to Stellenbosch. The tour ends with a wine tasting at Muratie Wine Estate that has a very interesting history and is still owned and operated by the Melck family.
- Tour of Paarl and Afrikaans Language Monument
- Cellar tour through an underground wine cellar
- Lunch in the estate restaurant with an amazing view of Table Mountain
- Traverse Bainskloof Pass into Breede River Valley
- Wine tasting at renowned Twee Jonge Gezellin
- Overnight in Historical town of Tulbagh
- A walk through the only Succulent Botanical Garden in Africa
- Mid-morning tea in the Kokerboom garden restaurant
- Follow the Wemmershoek Mountains past Theewaterskloof Dam
- Descend the mountains via Franschhoek Pass to Franschhoek
- Lunch in the culinary capital of South Africa
- Stellenbosch and wine tasting at Muratie Wine Estate
- Tour ends at your hotel in Cape Town City
Also see tour packages in:
Africa South Africa Local Culture Cultural Journey Food & Wine
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
US: , ext: 17660
Outside US, please use a number below and enter the extension "17660" when prompted:
UK: 01865 52 2588
Australia: 08 8121 5884
Note: If unavailable, leave a voicemail for the supplier to call you back.