- January 3 - 19
- January 22 - February 7.
- Dogon Country villages - meet the people
- Exotic Timbuktu - Visit the Tuareg "blue men" in the Sahara
- Dye workshop with famous textile designer
- Mud cloth workshop with master artist
- Visit artists and buy directly from craftspeople
- Private performances of traditional music
- Jenne-Jeno archaeological site and the Great Mosque of Djenne
- Visit to National Museum and meet exhibition designer
- Mopti waterfront market and mosque
- Bustling markets and National Museums.
- Second trip includes the music festival on the Niger River in Segou
- Group is accompanied by textile expert, Cynthia Le Count Samake, and her husband Barou Samake, who speaks English, French, and Bambara
- A Malian assistant also travels with us to help with luggage, market purchases, exploring towns, etc.
- Barou’s hometown is Segou and we will meet his family and many friends, and enjoy traditional meals and music with them.
Also see tour packages in:
Africa Mali Artistry Crafts Tours Festival Tours
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend