The trail proper starts near Lushan hot spring resort in the north east of Nantou county at 2041 m rising over 16 km to the spine of Taiwan at 2840 m. While some landslide-damaged sections are truly scary even to walk over, most stretches are tame yet great fun still to ride. All in all, this trail deserves the appellation of the "luxury" single-track. While suitable for a very full single day, also consider staying overnight at the Tienchr Lodge near the top at 2860 m.
Airfare is not included in the tour price.
- Weekdays - approximately 210 USD
- Weekend day - approximately 290 USD.
- Application for permits, accommodation and insurance can not be started until we have received the deposit and your ARC/passport details (note deadlines)
- If the trip is canceled due to not winning the permit lottery, typhoons, etc. we will refund the deposit minus costs (approximately USD 500) beyond our control, but offer this as credit for future activities
- If the trip is canceled by the customer the deposit not refunded
- We have discounts for groups
- USD 2000 deposit in advance is necessary, rest - at end of trip.
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see tour packages in:
Outdoor: Land Rambler