The magic of Bagan has inspired visitors for centuries. One of the most remarkable sights in Asia, ancient temples dot the landscape as far as the eye can see. Now Balloons over Bagan affords visitors a unique opportunity to see this ancient kingdom as it has never been seen before.
- Sunrise and sunset flights
- Flight time is approximately 45 minutes
- Maximum of 12 passengers per flight
- Champagne celebration follows the flight
- Finest quality balloons and equipment with qualified and registered pilots and technicians.
Balloons over Bagan's flights take place mostly early in the morning, at sunrise, or in the afternoon before sunset (on request for groups). Light winds and stable weather conditions are needed, the speed of the balloon and the length of the flight are governed by the strength and velocity of the wind.
Under normal conditions flights last around 45 minutes but the entire experience lasts about two and a half hours as you will witness the inflating of the balloons and receive a thorough technical and security briefing + transfers to and from departure/landing spot. The balloons can carry from 8 to 14 passengers on each flight. On landing, a fully trained ground crew is on hand to pack the balloon while passengers enjoy a glass or two of sparkling wine.
Depart the hotel before sunrise and transfer to the departure point (depending on wind). While sipping coffee/tea and having a croissant, observe how the crew inflates the balloons. A thorough safety briefing follows before you take off for a 45 minutes to 1-hour flight. Upon landing, retrieve vehicles will be on hand to serve sparkling wine and refreshments before a transfer back to your hotel. The whole excursion door to door normally last between 2h30 and 3h. Flights in the afternoon are also available on request but are more prone to cancellations due to weather conditions.
- The season lasts from 1st of October to 31st of March. Advance bookings are recommended We can arrange additional customized trips for you if the above itineray does not match your expectations.
- The balloon can accommodate from 8 to 12 persons in four separate compartments
- Sunrise or Sunset champagne flights are available only for groups (on request)
- Children must be over 140 centimeters tall to be allowed to fly.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Asia Myanmar Outdoor: Sky Eagle Ballooning
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend