- Nature walk and beach picnic, a relaxing walk through the Pohutukawa forest to our Giant Pohutukawa tree. From there we walk around the giant crater to the Devils Staircase with its stunning views of the crater lakes and Tuhua reef.
- Bird watching on Tuhua is amazing, with native birds such as the Tui, Bell birds, wood pigeons, morepork, fantails, Kaka etc.
- Sea kayaking provides the options through volcanic cave and unusual rock formations to white sandy beaches where you can stop and enjoy the peace and quiet that this island provides.
- Snorkeling or diving on a marine reserve is renowned; a jagged reef with angular boulders slopes off steeply to the northwest from Tumutu Point. To the east of this within Opoupoto Bay, a sandy bottom with projecting boulders extends from a shoreline formed of vertical, column-like lavas which give rise to the other name of Cathedral Bay.
- Big game fishing the Tuhua reef (tag and release only).
We provide the complete package so just let us know what activities you would like to do. A reasonable level of fitness is required. A Minimum of 2 fare paying passengers is required.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
Australia and Oceania New Zealand Nature & Wildlife Ecotourism Cultural Journey
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend