- Access to five private farms
- One day touring round a 35,000 acre high country station in the upper reaches of the Awatere Valley
- Homestead visits with great meals
- Fabulous local wine
- Genuine back country shearers style accommodation and lodge in Hanmer Springs
- Access through the iconic Molesworth and Rainbow Stations with fabulous expansive scenery.
Drive your own 4X4 in the pristine South Island outback of New Zealand on this new tag-along tour. A unique back country experience. Follow your experienced local guide and hear the commentary via two way radio vehicle contact. All the planning and preparation has been done for you. Just bring your four wheel drive vehicle to Blenheim.
What to bring:
- Your own 4X4 vehicle
- Spare tools, jack etc
- Pando tyre repair kit to suit your vehicle
- Warm clothing and suitable footwear for limited walking
- Swimming Gear for thermal pools in Hanmer
- Toilet Gear and an extra blanket.
Also see tour packages in:
Australia and Oceania New Zealand Local Culture Self Drive
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
US: , ext: 17967
Outside US, please use a number below and enter the extension "17967" when prompted:
UK: 01865 52 2588
Australia: 08 8121 5884
Note: If unavailable, leave a voicemail for the supplier to call you back.