This trip takes us through one of the most beautiful stretches of the Escalante River. We will hike up onto the wild slick rock land above the canyon where flint chippings from the 1000 year old Anasazi culture litter the sand. We will also explore the lush canyon bottom, where you will discover cool grottoes, hidden side canyons and many pools along the river deep enough to swim in. In order to explore the country and accommodate different interests and abilities we split into smaller groups on the day hikes. Fall is a beautiful time of year to explore both the canyons & the slick rock country above. The weather is generally warm, often hot at the end of summer. The evenings are cool. Have light weight clothing to protect you from the sun, hat with visor & sun block, and a sweater for the morning and evening.
Last year almost half of our guests had either been on an ECO trip before or were referred by someone who had. Why? Because our guests know to expect a consistently great trip from this family business and they tell their friends.
Our travelers know that:
- We make exploring this beautiful red rock country easy. The details are all worked out, our food is excellent, and the camp is fully equipped with everything you’d expect from a 1st class wilderness adventure.
- Our trips provide a great return on the investment of your vacation time and dollar.
- Each trip is a small group of 4 - 9 people and our guide-to-guest ratio of 1:3 allows for focused attention to meet your varying interests and abilities.
- Grant, is your trip leader. He’s enthusiastic, very knowledgeable and playful.
- Sue is your contact in the office, answers all of your questions and coordinates your reservation.
- Guides have been with us for years. They are fun, mature and approach guiding as a profession.
Day 1 - We in Boulder Utah at 9 am. We provide a duffel bag for your gear (25 lbs. max.) & drive to the trail head, about 35 miles, arrive at our trailhead at the end of the road, eat lunch and start our hike over the colorful slick rock beneath massive buttes of Navajo Sandstone, then descend through a crack canyon to the Escalante River. On our way to the base camp we pass under enormous overhanging tapestries red walls and wade the river several times. Includes: (L) (D).
Day 2 - We will explore a colossal sandstone room with a pool reflecting the red walls and patch of blue sky is surrounded by rippled sand. Later we may explore the lower end of a delicious twisting narrows where you may touch opposite walls, then hike back over multi colored slick rock to the view from the cauliflower knoll. Includes: (B) (L) (D).
Day 3 - We hike downstream to an area with 4 rincons, springs & an area where the Anasazi lived and farmed. Extensive rock art panels, a stone masonry house with collapsed roof and granaries under red-streaked walls are all part of the hike. Includes: (B) (L) (D).
Day 4 - We hike up the winding river canyon to a massive alcove, then Later we may explore the lower end of the Gulch where the lush stream bed pours over a falls, twists through narrows and under alcoves. Includes: (B) (L) (D).
Day 5 - We hike up and out of the canyon and back to the vehicle. Drive back to Boulder, arriving by 6 p.m. (dinner not included). Includes: (B) (L).
4 day trips costs $1125.00, 5 day trip costs $1320.00 and 6 day trip costs $1520.00, all cost subject to state and local taxes.
About This Supplier
Also see tour packages in:
USA Utah Outdoor: Land Rambler Hiking & Trekking Camping
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend